Stag handle & Steel fork, no welding

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Kyl, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Kyl

Kyl New Member

First of all, thanks Joerg, for your inspirational slingshot<br>videos. After watching several dozen videos I had to make a slingshot. I really<br>like the stag frames so I scrounged around in my tool shed for some parts and<br>got busy. I really enjoy finding a new use for some piece of junk or using a part for something that<br>it was not intended for and the tool hook caught my eye. I was having a great<br>time and decided to make a little tutorial to send to my brother in-law. <br><br>This is the first slingshot I've made in over twenty years.<br> Here is a link to my picture tutorial. <br><br><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6175717772/in/set-72157627611415401/" class="postlink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Antler slingshot</a><br><br>I did not have any flat band material at the time but I had latex tubing, so<br>that's what it got.

2. Ryan Wigglesworth

Ryan Wigglesworth Senior Member

Great tutorial. I use the same forks for slingshots of my own. Although I have yet to bend them to different dimensions... Thanks for the idea lol

3. R3dsnail

R3dsnail New Member

that a great idea like it

4. Oldschool

Oldschool New Member

Awesome idea! I'm gonna try this. How about gluing wood pieces to the fork tips so you can attach OTT style. Have you tried this?

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Very nice! I love the purchase the antler gives you.

6. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Nice ss and tutorial. Thankzzzz

7. CaptainBacon

CaptainBacon Knowledgeable Man

Almost exactly what I've done for my most recent slingshot, except I welded a U-bolt. <br><br>I really like the idea of re-purposing hardware into slingshots.