"Staff Of Hodor" (deadwood madrona, walking staff)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by uberfreak9, Jun 14, 2015.

1. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

I'm a HUGE fan of Game Of Thrones (HBO TV, I don't read 1000+ page novels :D) and one of my favorite characters is Hodor... anyway, that is the inspiration for the name but it wouldn't have happened without finding an upright dead madrona tree sapling that was old old old... it was even more strange because the madrona never grow straight like that but of course it isn't really straight but rather its spirals upward on a tight arc... it is 63.5 inches (160cm) tall, weighs 3 lbs (1.4 kg), and is balanced 3/4 up the length ergo nice for a walking stick... The bunny rabbits are my little buddies Bean and Smokie (lionhead breeds)... Happy trails!

Attached Files:

2. TheNewSlingshotGuy

TheNewSlingshotGuy AKA- "The Raccoon"

No, those are calves! I swear!

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Sweet! We could have used that a bit ago when we went out shooting down by the river.

4. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

5. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

[​IMG]

6. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

7. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

"Hodor." -Hodor

8. Jeb

Jeb Baba Hunter

9. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

Nice staff man.

Give the books a try. Although...you might wanna wait for that beardbear RR Martin to finish writing all of them. Because you will love the storytelling you will read them fast....

I read all of them in two weeks i think, I neglected everything else and just read.

Btw, GoT done and goofed up the finale imho.

10. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

Don't spoil! :D I haven't watched the current season... I just got the 4th season on DVD which I plan to watch soon... funny because you slammed through the books all at once and I like to do the same thing with the TV show season... I am impressed by your reading stamina... I cannot imagine my brain would be able to handle reading that many words in such a short span, plus I'm ADHD which doesn't help.

11. JohnKrakatoa

well its written to be very addictive... But I think that I already forgot most of the stuff because I ve read it in such a short period....I will definitely reread them when the next books comes out.

You better watch the new season fast if you dont like spoilers, they are everywhere on the web :D

12. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

The books are awesome. But D& D went full Hodor on season 5 and ruined it, imo. The fifth book is by far the best! :)

13. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

JohnK I'm like you, burned through everything he had written to date in about 2 weeks. Then joined the mob howling for blood and more. He is the author you love to hate. He dribbles and dabbles in crap to get away from it knowing full well his following are howling for his blood.

Good story's, a bit wordy, but good story's. And I hate how he butchered some of the characters.
    But he can tell a story.

14. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

Me too... I don't know why but for some reason I really like bloody fictionalized violence... I guess it is my warlike DNA that is being satisfied since my philosophy is one of peaceful existence for the most part. So much paradox... :D

15. wellmade2040

wellmade2040 New Member

I don't think they ruined it- anyone agree.?

16. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

I won't be able to say for a year's time because that is when I'll start watching the season 5 discs... but I know that when it comes to art there is a whole spectrum of opinions... often I am alone with my opinion which can suck but as long as I'm honest with myself I can live with it :D e.g., the new Mad Max: Fury Road movie... ugh... I wanted to like it so bad and the reviews were quite positive... yet I don't understand why? Terrible plot, weak 2D characters especially the villains, no character arcs except for Nux and his was contrived and abrupt so it doesn't count, poor cut scene editing, and Mad max was almost like a secondary character himself... the only thing I enjoyed was the early race scenes, and some of the bizarre mutants... so I don't get it when people say it was an incredible movie with complexities when I think only 12-year-old boys would dig it. :eek:

17. JohnKrakatoa

Maybe not ruined it... but they seriously overdone it...