Squirrel sauce

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JimRhodo, Jan 21, 2014.

1. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

The squirrels round here are quite confident. I was setting up for a 10 metre shot and this big fat grey started chittering away. He then ran across the leaf litter to my tree climbed up it and started watching me.

Not content he came down for a closer look ON MY SiDE of the tree. He looked at me as if to say,
    "Gorn then."
    We both knew he was in the safest place in western Scotland for a fat juicy squirrel. He barely moved when I took my shot and ambled away like he had diplomatic immunity. He could have had the decency to pretend to be scared!

The irony is my phone battery was flat so I couldn't even shoot a picture of him one foot away from my target box.

Cheeky blighter.

Attached Files:

2. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

I hasten to add I wasn't taking a potshot at the squirrel though I was tempted. I can even feel a bit queezy hitting photos in the targets provided by the woollen mail order companies for the good of the slingshot community when the faces get a bit misshapen.

(I've just read the Ontario thread and wouldn't wish there to be a misunderstanding!)

3. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Heh. I was just thinking, 'Don't let Brennanfly see this!!'

-Wild Bill

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I wasn't sure at first what you meant, glad you clarified it. I think it does bear repeating though that hunting in and of itself is not necessarily vilified on this forum, but what is disliked is hunting by those who either do it for fun and don't respect their prey or those who have not developed the necessary skill for a clean kill every time, which again, shows no respect for the prey. There was one young man that showed up last year from somewhere in Europe, I think Denmark? That wanted to know basically how he could use a slingshot to poach animals - he was asking for advice on how to hunt illegally. It didn't go well here :)

5. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

I remember that kid... He liked posting pics of his kills. Yeah, that didn't go over very well. Didn't it get him into some legal trouble?

-Wild Bill

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I hadn't heard that, would be interesting to know though.

7. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I was mighty curious about the meaning of 'squirrel sauce!' I had a feeling that 'someone' might be attempting a reverse threadjack (which honestly would be hilarious)!
    But now I understand, damn saucy tree-rats!:D

8. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

At first i thought "oh nooo poor squirrel" but i read on and found it is still alive :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

9. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Greys are an invasive species in the UK, something the poor Reds found out to their cost :( Do you get any Reds in your neck of the woods? Scotland is pretty much their last stronghold now.

10. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Alive

Onnod if you could have seen the look that squirrel gave,
    "Laddie; give us that catty and I'll show you how to shoot."

He's probably waiting for me to visit so he can bring his mates to play Dancing Dollies in front of my target. If I ever have a go the odds are well stacked in his favour.
    (I doubt a squirrels head is 5cm by 5cm and even then he has a 60% chance at 5 metres).

Come to think of it I have a squirrel observer most mornings. It's him! Just wait until I start on the bottle caps at 20 metres.

I understand that squirrel is something of an acquired taste. I wudnae dream of posting pics of a dead maimed squirrel but maybe a casserole in a rich red wine sauce would be acceptable.?

11. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

a casserole in a rich red wine sauce would be acceptable.?

Definitely YES Sire!

First we should make clear what we´re talking about:

A Squirrel-Sauce? - you would need a good blender, remove the fur and gall..

A Sauce for squirrel? - then red wine is fine!

A SOURCE for squirrel?- that would be either the US of A (or a pervert
    site of men engaging sq.. ..booy that´s gross!)

for real:

Scoobs is perfectly right!- those grey rascals have been on german TV!
    They are professionally hunted and sold in supermarkets, I was shown..
    The red squirrels will be extinguished by the grey anyhow;- man just tries
    to win some time for the red..

So if Jim would make that arrogant little beast encounter a rather
    quick steelball followed by rather infinite blackness, that would be
    politically correct! ?

Be