Spring powered aid slingshot

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Erlkonig, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Erlkonig

Erlkonig New Member

Look what I got Friday

[​IMG]

This is from China claim as most powerful slingshot in market, use common loop band with 8 mm bb could up to 300 fps and above, the name of this catty is new judge III quit popular (This Judge is not mean in court house type but in Final Judgement day)

[​IMG]

It has two swim arm for loop tube and 2 set of spring (medium, heavy) and 3 dia. tubes for shooter's option.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  2. Moin moin,
    poor translation of google translate:
    Beautiful part .....
    Is in spin heinis some time talking, keep us something about the real speed and the feeling when spinning on the running ....
    -
    What have to chat right now for most, with I Lm about has spoken against it, true:
    the price, and you can achieve much higher speeds easier with flat bands. To this end, a bit unwieldy large ........
    But I am happy if we should err

-

Schönes Teil.....
    Ist bei schleuderheinis schon länger im gespräch, halte uns doch mal über die wirkliche Geschwindigkeit und dem Gefühl beim Schleudern auf dem laufendem....
    -
    Was bis jetzt für die meisten, mit dehnen ich mich darüber unterhalten habe, dagegen gesprochen hat, wahr:
    der Preis, und man kann mit Flachbändern viel leichter höhere Geschwindigkeiten erreichen. Dazu etwas unhandlich gross........
    Ich freue mich aber, falls wir uns irren sollten

3. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

I bet you're having great fun shooting it ! :)

If possible I would love to see a vid of you shooting it and in particular looking in detail at its mode of function

4. Erlkonig

Erlkonig New Member

I agree Sir,

This is a Chinese desperate design to achieve higher speed without complicated " cocktail" style tubing set up.

5. Erlkonig

Erlkonig New Member

Actually, I sold it for more $ 30usd to my friend because he really want it:D

Link for video

http://www.56.com/u61/v_OTYyNzc5NDY.html

6. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

this looks like a some kind of awesone robot slingshot, but i think the springs are kind of unnecessary(thanks buckshot500!)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

7. Moin moin,
    For 35 U.S. dollars or 32 euros, I would take that .....
    She looks just beautiful technically, and from the color it is also great ....

What does the speed over the Chrony? Alternatively, on the APP? (chrono connesct)

speed should at 2Gramm balls just below 100m / s be (324 f / s)
    or?

PM to me.....
    -

Für 35 US Dollar, oder 32 Euro, würde ich auch welche nehmen.....
    Sie sieht halt schön technisch aus, und von der Farbe ist sie auch toll....

Was sagt die Geschwindigkeit, über dem Chrony? Alternativ über die APP?

8. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Unnecessary Is the proper spelling of the word Omnod.

I agree that springs are likely a display of technical functionality more than they do anything to increase power or speed.

But I will say it also gets bragging rights for looking sinister, and appearing to be somehow more lethal with it's spring and rubber combination.

The detachable wrist brace is kind of sweet as well.

9. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

It has Realtree camo so thats good enough for me. Honestly, you could wrap horse manure in Realtree and I would probably buy it!

I dont think the springs would add much (if anything) but they do look savage. $30 is very cheap too, I saw one using springs for sale for over $400 a while back!

10. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

I agree with everyone... It does not look very useful, but it does look very cool! :D

11. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

I bet your friend is very happy with it. It certainly does look wicked.

12. Erlkonig

Erlkonig New Member

It's around 105,but I sold for 130:D

speed over the Chrony --- 310-340 fps /8mm steel

In China, most people don't have Chrony, they used a brand of heavy cage soda pop can. if the projectile could go through one side of the can,. the speed will aprrox. 310 fps. They using " one side" or "both side" as standard rather than actual speed measurement as Western world;)

13. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I don't really think the springs are better than just using stronger rubber on a normal slingshot, but I like the handle design of this model.

Hammer grip, palm swell, curved front, just the way I'd have designed it too.

I am a bit afraid that the handle might be a bit small for my paws, though.

14. Erlkonig

Erlkonig New Member

I remember that you may have the similar design with 2 swim arms with TBG band instead the spring for power.

15. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Yes, I made an inswinger slingshot a while ago. The problem is that the advantages (lever effect) are eaten up by the disadvantages (friction, more mass to be moved). In the end, just stronger conventional rubber bands always win.

Rubber is a fascinating material and it is very hard to improve on it's efficiency by means of mechanics. Today I believe slingshot makers must focus on ergonomics (and cost) rather than mechanics. Took me many years and hundreds of prototypes to get to this conclusion.

16. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

17. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I think I would want one simply for the cool factor, if for nothing else. The level of complexity, while looking really awesome, just isn't necessary, and adds more potential points of failure. I don't think I'm ready to pay $100 for any slingshot at this point, but I'd love to add one to my collection some day. Maybe I'll get lucky like some of the others here and find one laying in the street sometime :)

18. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

It is so handy that Joerg has tried all these things already and we can benefit from that experience. It saves a lot of wasted effort trying to reinvent the wheel !

19. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Onnod is the proper spelling of his name, buckshot;).