special skills to a group of survivors

Discussion in 'Zombie / Prepping related stuff' started by azul, Jan 26, 2014.

1. azul

azul Junior Member

let us consider the hypothesis that we are all in the same city when the catastrophe zombie happens... which individual skills that each of us has currently to contribut to make a strong and self-sufficient group

2. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

That would be the most badass zombie survival group ever.

I am a chemist in training, pharmaceuticals....wonder if thats of any use. Also the usual tinkerer, like nearly everybode here.

3. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Im a falconer, find me a bird of prey and thats meat protein sorted for the group.

EDIT: Thinking about it, with the number of sharp shooters on here my skill is fairly pointless. I would be better as zombie bait I guess. Sad but true!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  4. azul

azul Junior Member

I have combat training because I spent six years in the Army where I also got first aid training.
    I am a fisherman so if beach is nearby I can always help with feeding the group.
    Since childhood I have kayak so I can help make coastal recognition and is also easier to make extensive travel by water than by land because there are no obstacles to go around.

cheers

5. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Welding, metalworker.

I can build an armored vehicle that doesn't need roads from junkyard parts.

6. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

I have all skills. Every single one. I'm also skilled in humility.

-Wild Bill

7. nijam

nijam tiro loco

I Am a carpenter my skills building things out of wood are absolutely needed for make barricades or build a shelter, also I have some expierence making sharp weapons

plus I am a psycologist
    plus #2 I speak spanish

8. buckshot500

Lol :) Move along you stupid zombies, you're ugly and your mother dresses you funny!:D:D

9. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

I work with computers for a living so that probably wont be much help.
    Outside of that, I'm a jack of all trades - master of none.

10. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

I´m an architect, designer, craftsman (wood, metal, plumbing,
    bricklaying, carpenting, plasterer, laying tiles, electricity, heating)

Give me a beachfork, I´ll make the tribe grow !

Then there´s scout-skills, climbing, sailing and canoeing

And I can swim! And dance like a fool.

And I can sing!- I mean sing them Zombies to death :)

And I can poke a Zombie with a pointed stick.

11. WildBill

I wonder how you would fare with zombie falcons? We've all heard of zombie ducks, but think about it- zombie falcons, eagles, hawks, owls... Could you 'tame' them or do you perhaps know a special containment method?

-Wild Bill

12. buckshot500

Now this got me laughing!:D

13. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I can build buildings, fix cars, maintain and do simple repairs on firearms, cook, make people laugh. I have the will to survive and determination to get things done. I also fish and do gardening, been planning to start raising catfish
    in stock tanks. And as my esteemed colleague Be stated, with a proper beachfork I'll make the tribe grow.

14. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I forgot to add that I can sing, but only Puff the Magic Dragon, and only in the nude...but that's a whole other story.

15. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

It's clear that step one in surviving the zombie apocalypse will be to collect many fine beach forks. We'll need handsome men with charm to collect them for the rest of us.

As for me, I'm an electrician, which won't mean much when the power grid fails. But I can work with a variety of tools, I can shoot fairly well with a pistol, rifle, air rifle (why doesn't that ever come up in these situations?) and slingshot. I'm not sure about Be's pointy stick, but I can learn if I have a few months to practice. I can build a fire as long as I have matches, dry wood and gasoline. I can cook pretty well, I can lift heavy things and, like Dolo, I can make people laugh. I can also help guide those who will likely suddenly develop a deep belief in a personal God :)

My main problem, and maybe with MVD on board, I could survive - is that I'm a type 1 diabetic - which means I need insulin to survive. Without it (and it's very perishable outside of refrigeration), I'd likely end up in a coma in a matter of days or weeks, if I'm lucky, a bit longer. So, my only real hope is to help get my family to a safe place and secured, after that, I don't expect to be around much longer. And on that depressing note, I'm outta here!

16. WildBill

That would probably go viral on Youtube.

-Wild Bill

17. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

I am awesome!
    Other then that I can knit, crochet, and sew.
    I'm a fast learner, so I'm sure I could contribute as needed otherwise. :)

18. PaulPawx3

PaulPawx3 Member

After reading all of the post and then what BeMahoney can do, I think that all I can say is "you guys are so awesome I just want to set in awe and watch" :D

19. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

I like my life exactly as it is....so if there is a zombie apocalypse then I suggest our group uses me as a weapon of mass destruction as I am going to be very pissed off indeed. With cutlass in one hand and Bowie in the other I shall be like a large and irate mincing machine and I shall be wanting B L O O D !!

Attached Files:

• me5.JPG
      me5.JPG
      File size:
      363 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  20. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Sorry to hear that you are diabetic.
    As for making insulin an a "woods and pastures" Laboratory, its a whole lot of steps making it, including geneticly altered bacteria and other stuff up that alley. But I live near a place where they (not the company I am with btw) could synthesize enough insulin for the whole of europe (when I remember correct). That should last a while.

Also: Ruthie you frighten me a little bit, I will stay behind you in case of the apocalypse, if thats okay for you. It seems everything in front of you would get minced