Something for my tube bands :)

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by slawek, Aug 24, 2013.

1. slawek

slawek New Member

As i bought today my tube bands iam using them atm with my natural fork, but i found "uno problemo" thos bands are STONG, like really strong. Didnt have problems to stretch with my TBG even if they double or triple per side, but those things ? thats need some power to stretch... and iam a bit affraid my natoral might break and hit me in the face ( and that might not be pleasure ;) ) so i came to make another one just for that tubes, and here what iam starting to do:
    I took a piece of heavy axe handle and i draw my hand on it with pencil
    [​IMG]
    this will be a hammer grip PERFECTLY sized to my right hand
    [​IMG]

After some time of "having fun" with rasp i came to this point:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This sit perfectly in my hand :) of course thats not finished, its just after i finish with rasp. Still need some fine filing ( but i run out of beer so this project need to wait a bit )and then " all those fun stuff" sanding, and oiling, and sanding, and oiling, etc. :D

i already have some ideas for forks, actually have so many i dont know what to do :p but iam sure there will be some steel involved in this project ^^ i want to make it really durable (unbreakable) but i need to do some welding first, and there is some fun side... i just have brand NEW welding machine in my work :D isnt this great ? i think my boss already predicted i will need this kind of tool:p ( i need ask him for lottery numbers :) ) so i hope u like it, and i will update this thread as my work continue. Meanwhile i go get some more beer ^^ cya...

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

This would certainly be unbreakable! I can tell that this is going to be a beast of a shooter! What kind of tubes are you trying to draw? Are you sure they are made of rubber and not steel:D??
    Excellent news about the welding machine! That's one of the benefits of my work, we get to use them all day long.
    Hurry and get some more beer, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out because it looks great so far!

3. slawek

slawek New Member

I bought today Barnett bands just like these :
    [​IMG]

and they are pretty hard to stretch :D but also have so much power 1 shot just rip beer can into 2 pieces when i used 14mm hexnut... thats why iam a bit scared to use it with my natural fork. I really dont want it break and slap my face :D i might not be a best looking guy on this planet but still my face is kinda cute LOL jk :)

iam also considering getting magnum ones so i need a really stong sling :)
    [​IMG]

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I'm surprised to hear that those are so powerful! Most tube bands from companies like those are pretty weak.
    Glad you are building this shooter so strong, I would not want you to get hit in the face either:eek:

5. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Great handle. Most of mine I do that way with a steel cross beam set into and screwed down into the handle...and a ringbolt at either end for the rubber.

6. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Great carving ! As Ruthie said, the interface between the fork and handle will be the strong or weak spot of the slingshot. I'd make a cental hole through the handle and make the fork supot go straight down!

7. Y-shooter

Y-shooter Member

This looks perfect carved for your hand.
    I like to see the finished slingshot.

8. slawek

slawek New Member

And this is exactly what i have in my mind :) and at the end i wanna make skull crusher, just in case any zombie get to close :)

9. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Nice and SOLID.

:D

10. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Wait on my Barnett black widow was the stronger type of bands ... That's why I could reach past my
    Cheek:confused::mad: lol facepalm

J

11. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

I got bands lap in my moob XD once when I was firing stupidly :p

For bv ( moob = man boob ) lol

J

12. Brazilviking

Everybody loves handle spikes!:D:D:D:D

13. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Nice Work. You can maybe attach a string on your slingshot, put them in a vise, and pull so hard you can to get sure that the Fork don´t brake.

14. Brazilviking

Men don't have boobs.....neither "moobs"..........your language is crazy.:D

15. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Very very true

16. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Great idea to use an axe handle to make it perfecly fit to your hand. Thanks for sharing mate, i might try it too.
    Nice job!