some tips I use for accuracy shooting larger targets

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Arturo Borquez, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

This method was suggested to me a time ago by Saderath, the principle is very simple that is to abstract in your mind the larger target and replace it by a smaller known target, it has not relation with your aiming system, it is a mental exercise imagining you a shooting a smaller target or spot ... at the end of the video I've made a typo so please replace "all the time" by "almost all time" ...
    [ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kej1OYN0kQY"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kej1OYN0kQY[/ame]
    I hope this can be useful to someone

Cheers
    Arturo

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

This is great, thank you very much! I heard this mental technique one time as 'aim small, miss small' and you explain it very well

3. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

Yes I know that technique, what I like to empathize is the subconscious perception prior aiming, what changes is WHAT you are shooting, it turned small but always is a real target that you have experienced before, so your acquired knowledge on how to shoot that target is what drives the shoot, regardless of your aiming system ... "I shot the can as if I were shooting a bottle top" ... maybe it is the same ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013