Some scrap iron and fire.

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by BrPio, May 15, 2013.

1. BrPio

BrPio .

I was at my fordge finishing up a sword. Than I noticed a small piece of scrap iron calling out, "why haven't you used me?" So I hammered out a rough slingshot. This is what I got so far. Sanded the forks, but I may reshape them. I may put some bands on it and see how it feels and shoots as is and than see if it could use any reshaping. However, as it is now it feels nice in the hand and in my opinion has a good weight 2Lbs. When don I may just leave the hammer pattern and give it a bit of a mirror polish. Snapshot_20130515.JPG

Snapshot_20130515_2.JPG

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

cool, and big ;)

3. Otees

Otees Another Member

Nice job and cool recycling.

4. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

So simple it's hard to go wrong.

5. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Don't change it!!! It is just perfect! I love it!

6. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

7. knifefightermike

knifefightermike New Member

and when you run out of ammo, you can beat your opponent to death with it quite handily. :D

8. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

2 pounds... WOW! It's very possible this might be the biggest, baddest slingshot on the planet. :p

I'm a big fan of metal craft and hand-forged blades. You should definitely continue to explore this realm of hammer-forged slingshots.

I enjoyed seeing this (I remember your other forged slingshot too). Thanks for sharing again.

9. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Really nice shooter! I agree with Brazilviking - don't change it. Is has something special!