Sogeking

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by RoiEvustroia, Aug 12, 2013.

1. RoiEvustroia

RoiEvustroia New Member

Who can make replicas of all one piece Ussop's slingshots? The people who make a great replica of each of his slingshots I will buy it.

2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Would be the first one, dual banded, kabuto and kuro kabuto? Or is there another one that I don't know?

3. Moin moin,

Can we rebuild things ...... which may be protected. And then sell it?

Reconstruct for oneself - yes!

You yourself like the spin a lot better if you built it yourself!

Question: What material ....
    Wood, but you can certainly also edit yourself, right? Aluminum, you can also pour even himself ....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157634152266271/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Darf man Sachen nachbauen...... die eventuell geschützt sind. Und die dann verkaufen?

Nachbauen für einen selber - ja!

Man selber mag die Schleuder auch viel lieber, wenn man sie selber gebaut hat!

Frage: Aus welchem Material....
    Holz, kannst du doch bestimmt auch selber bearbeiten, oder? Alu, kann man sogar auch selber giessen....

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I don't sell my stuff. But this is interesting. I love one piece.

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Yes, you can rebuild things and then sell them.

In general it is not illegal to rebuild stuff others have invented. Even commercially.

As long as the original inventor has not filed a patent or design patent, there is no automatic "copyright" for material products. Such a copyright only exists for intangible creations, like texts, music and so on.

If the original inventor has trademarked the product name, it is illegal to use that name for the copy.

As for the Kabuto, no such limitations. There is no trademark, there is no (design) patent that I know off. There isn't even a product that is sold by the original designer (the anime artist). So making and selling a Kabuto does not cause any material damages.

Plus, if you just make a few based on direct commissions, noone will ever notice. Placing huge adds for it might be a different issue.

Even if there WOULD BE a patent (which I seriously doubt), then the worst case that can happen is that the patent owner asks you to stop making more copies, and demand 10% of what you made by selling them up to that point.

6. Tremoside

Tremoside SINdustrial designer

Copyright is an important stuff for sure. I'm not into law regulation although coz of my daily design works had to dug up few stuffs. I quoted some of these below.

In UK law practice there is a term "unregistered design rights"
    Unregistered design rights protect the shape or configuration of a marketable (or potentially marketable) product, and are used to prevent unauthorised copying of an original design. Design rights can also be bought, sold or licensed in a similar manner to copyright.
    Design rights exist independently of copyright, while copyright may protect documents detailing the design as well as any artistic or literary work incorporated within the finished product, the design right focuses more on the shape, configuration and construction of a product.

In my country Hungary (I think we have EU conform regulation on this) a created design object is automatically connected to the author and he/she owns the rights by default. Of course it's not a so strong protection and it's beatable for sure.

"Within the European Community, unregistered design rights lasts for 3 years from the point the design is first disclosed or made available to the public in some manner." [...]
    "Copyright may exist in designs, and will principally protect documents detailing the design as well as any artistic or literary work incorporated within the finished product.
    "

Unregistered Design Right in some details

How do I get protection?
    Automatic right, no registration required.

How long does protection last?
    3 years from the date the design is first made available to the public in the <acronym title="European Economic Area">EEA</acronym>. Its disclosure in the EEA must have been its first disclosure.

Type of protection
    Exclusive right against copying.

Can I renew this type of protection?
    No.

What does it protect?
    The overall appearance of the design, excluding features dictated by technical function.

Originality

Your design must be new, so not identical to an existing design, and have individual character.

How much does it cost?

Nothing.

How easy is it to enforce?

You must prove that your design was intentionally copied to enforce your rights. It is advisable to keep a record that proves the date your design was created and when it was disclosed to the public.

Can I sell it or licence it?
    Yes.

Does it give me protection abroad?
    Protection will apply in all Member States of the EU.

You can find quote sources here and here.

Hope these web sites can help to figure out how we can handle this replica question.

Tremo

7. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Interesting, does the EEA stand for the public?

8. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Ah, interesting.

"EEA" stands for "European Economic Area", in other words the EU.

In any case the Kabuto was presented to the public way longer than three years ago. So no worries. if anyone wants to make a Kabuto for the TS, I do not see any issues with that.