Soda Can Cannon

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Fordas, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Fordas

Fordas New Member

Hey guys, been a while since I've posted here, I know this isn't the kind of stuff that normally comes around here but considering that this has kind of been the natural evolution of my QEV airbow builds I thought it might be worth sharing

2. JanP

JanP Junior Member

looks like a lot of fun.... but still illegal here in Germany... I could start crying :(

3. Belargo

Belargo Mad Scientist

Holy cow, that's a fine piece of handheld artillery you've build there! :eek:

That QEV-valve looks interesting, where did you get it?

4. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

True. But using enough rubber it certainly is possible to create a can shooting crossbow with at least the same performance. But the air cannon looks great! All functionality.

5. Fordas

Fordas New Member

I got it from ebay, it is a particualrly huge example of such an item with it being G3/4 threads which allows it to dump a LOT of air in a short time.
    I dunno if the others would but i'd certainly love to see you do this, i'm not sure about the numbers this thing but i know it can throw a 500ml can at least 100m while angled

6. Grrxmistress

Grrxmistress New Member

Now that sounds like a dang fun project. Maybe even make it adaptable to fire multiple sizes of projectiles.