So, what exactly is "magic rubber"?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by sonnyboy204, Feb 12, 2014.

1. sonnyboy204

sonnyboy204 Target Misser

Is it latex? Non latex? I would be interested in getting some but the term brings up nothing for me elsewhere in searches, lol. What's it all about?

2. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Its a term thats only used here I think! As far as I know all the magic rubber used for slingshots by people here (and it is ALL around the world :) ) comes from Brazil Viking which is pretty cool.

As far as I remember its medical grade latex used in orthopedic surgeries that has been irradiated in some way. I have a large sheet of it thanks to a Dolomites generosity on a trade but haven't tried it yet due to sub-zero temps and gale force winds.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

It also stops unwanted...sorry, wrong item.

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Somewhere in the remote rain forests of Brazil, a lone viking weeps silently. He wishes to be the mighty viking warrior his ancestors once were, but finds himself rather a kind-hearted trader of irradiated latex, peroba oil and slingshots crafted of 'exotic' wood and surgical stainless steel. Many have been touched by the kindness of this surgeon cum slingshot master. Magic rubber has circled the globe and, if legend holds true, will one day help bring about world peace, just before the zombies attack.

To get the 'magic rubber', one must connect with someone who has some to spare, or pay homage to the Brazilian Viking. Remembering that he is just one man and can handle only so much. You must exercise patience. One day, your magic rubber may come.

5. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

Where can I get some of this special magic rubber?

Edit: Sorry didn't see your post (posted same time)

6. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Esmarch bandage to "turn of" blood flow on a limb, gamma ray sterilized latex sheet with awesome perfomance regarding speed and power, solely provided by the kind brazilian orthopedic surgeon viking Brazilviking.

7. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

And sometimes it gets a little hard to get some. I tried contacting the seller and he only sels to hospitals. so I get some in the hospital whem possible. To be used for slings, it must be new, never used for medical purposes (It damages the rubber and becomes contaminated).

8. sonnyboy204

Awesome, the beloved provider of magic rubber! This stuff sounds great. What does irradiated rubber mean for the rubber itself? Durability I assume? When you have fulfilled everyone's wishes for more of this stuff I would love to get some. I'd happily pay or trade for it :). If you don't mind, that is.

9. zwillie

zwillie New Member

For me a magic rubber is when you pull a TTR throug a TTG and make your own tapered tubes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D :p

Zwillie

PS Normaly I prefere the megarubber instead of TT.

10. sonnyboy204

It also stops unwanted... bedwetting? :p

11. sonnyboy204

That's pretty interesting! How do you pull it through? Long spindly fingers?

That's pretty interesting! How do you pull it through? Long spindly fingers?

12. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

it seems I was the first one to test it, the "white" one competes TBG in speed (anyway with a wider cut as it's thinner) and lasts more, maybe twice the shoots, the "yellowish" is slower and lasts less (it's softer) ...
    Arturo

13. zwillie

zwillie New Member

No,...with my tongue...:(....:p

Look here https://www.theslingshotforum.com/f4/real-tapered-tubes-27063/

If you need some good tubing search for high start cord.
    This is what I use instead of TT.

Zwillie

PS Hi Arturo my friend

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  14. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

According to VWScooby, you would need Salad Fingers to do this.

15. Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa New Member

dont remind me of salad fingers, theres a pretty creepy guy on youtube named so...

16. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

May I ask, how exactly do you do that?

EDIT: yay read to the end of the thread before posting :-D

17. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I've already explained that magic rubber is one that you put on the morning after and it protects against a future paternity suit by the hoodrat hit and run from last night;). That's magic!

18. zwillie

zwillie New Member

Hi,
    I took a long cord, the inner tube and fix them with a constrictorknot 2mm from the end of the tube.
    Now I took the outer tube and slip the cord through (a wire can help).
    Just pull on the cord and slip the inner tube through the outer till the knot comes out.
    Cut off the 5mm end of the inner cord with the knot or both tubes at once (looks cleaner).
    Awful work but some water as lubricant helps.
    Sometimes the knot slips off...then try again.

Zwillie

19. GunGuy

GunGuy Active Member

Brazilviking can you give me the exact name or the order number? I have a few friends in the medical field who might be able to help me find some here in the states.