Snow Day!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Withak, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

We get snow so rarely here, it's a big deal when we do get it. So today is a fun snow day. I already had the day scheduled off as it's my daughter's 7th birthday today and we were planning some fun stuff as a family. Looks like snowball fights will be on the plans! But no, I will not be using a slingshot to shoot snowballs at my little girl. I may take a few moments to do some regular target shooting today, just for fun in this very cold air.

ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1391788913.706892.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Slingshot Forum

2. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Enjoy your winter wonderland! What a great blessing for you and your daughter on this special day!

-Wild Bill

3. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Have you not seen the Rambone/snowball video!? Be rude not too ;)

Happy birthday to your little one too :)

4. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Aww how fun! What a great birthday for her! My older son's 8th birthday is in 2 days. Happy Birthday to her!

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Happy birthday to your little girl E! What an awesome treat for you both!
    We ended up with 9.5 inches out here in the boonies, so I have no intention of making the run into work today. Hopefully we both get lots more tonight, I love this stuff!
    Have a great day brother!

Attached Files:

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Thank you!

As for the slingshot/snowball idea, I'm not saying I won't try it - I only said I wouldn't shoot it at my daughter ;)

Thank you - and Happy Birthday to your son as well!

7. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Thanks Will!

I love the snow, probably because we don't have to live in it for months at a time. You got more than we did - we're sitting around 5" here, but we're looking forward to more later today. Unfortunately, they're calling for freezing rain by tomorrow and while I don't mind driving in the snow, I hate navigating on ice - just too dangerous. And no salting trucks in this neck of the woods. The gravel they lay down here will tear your car's finish to pieces.

8. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

You guys out west are sure getting wholloped.
    I think we just have about six inches melting down today, no day off. Hopefully break 30f degrees for some shooting.

Happy Birthday to your little one!

9. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

U guys are lucky! Enjoy it while you can!

10. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Her in michigan we have about two feet! With a total of fifty inches over January. You got it easy over there.

11. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

Well happy birthday to the 7 year old. That's a great age to have fun with a snow ball fight, dress warm. My two kids have had a hole week of show days. Enjoy it while it lasts.

12. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Happy birthday to your daughter!

13. noah013

noah013 Member

We didn't got some snow this year.

Happy birthday to you daughter! Make it a wonderful day!

Greetings, Noah013

14. PaulPawx3

PaulPawx3 Member

Eric, sounds like a great day...off work...birthday party with your daughter and snow all in one day. I am with you on that ice stuff, it got kind of ugly here in Alabama when we got that stuff last week. Hope your little girl had a great day with her dad, have fun and stay safe. Thanks for the snow picture. :D

15. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Thanks everyone for the kind birthday wishes, I've passed them along to her :)

The snow continues to fall here, it's turning into a pretty big event for us in the Northwest. We're really not well equipped for large quantities of snow. When stuff like this happens, it's time to stick close to home and enjoy it while it lasts. We're up to about 9" here now, which is a big snowfall for us. We had a lot of fun outside today. I made her Swedish Hotcakes for breakfast (her favorite breakfast) and of course some hot chocolate as soon as we came in from our outdoor activities.

I did attempt to launch a couple of snowballs from my Rambone - what did I get? Fork hits on every shot. Oh well, at least no RTS :) I think we'll give it another go tomorrow.