Sneak preview: Zombie Wars - The Story

Discussion in 'Zombie / Prepping related stuff' started by JoergS, Sep 11, 2013.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

OK, here is the original story for my upcoming movie.

The text is mine, but Rick Winters, the director, has written a fantastic script based on it, with many side plots and bright figures.

The Story

It has happened. The Dead rose and walk the land. Humanity tried to put up a fight, but it was in vain. Guns were the obvious first choice for weapons, but it turned out that those are near useless against zombies. The monsters can hear the shots and smell the stench of cordite from far away. Firing a gun is like ringing a dinner bell for ghouls!

Germany, 10 years after the apocalypse. A small group of survivors is facing the ultimate crisis of their existence. They have survived this long only because they had a stash of rubber plus an expert in weaponizing the elastic bands – Jörg Sprave. Thanks to his knowledge about improvised, silent slingshot weapons, they could defend themselves with efficiency.

The group found a medieval castle, on the top of a steep mountain - safe from the Undead. But tending to their crops means exposure to hundreds of hungry ghouls! Jörg's slingshots and slingshot crossbows proved efficient in holding the enemy at bay, through all these years.

But now, their rubber is deteriorating. Bringing in the much needed harvest is impossible just with melee weapons. The group has already lost many dear members to the ranks of the Undead. They need to make a new batch of rubber, it is the only way. But how?

Jörg has an idea. Just before the dead rose, he learned that you can make latex milk not only from the caoutchouc tree, but also from dandelions – in theory, that is!

The slingshot maker puts up a plan. He needs tons of dandelions, and chemicals such as sulfur, zinc oxide, 2-MBT and non-ionic surfactants, plus an oven that can heat the ingredients sufficiently.

It is time for a supply run. But ten years after the Zombies took over, that isn't exactly a pleasant walk in the park – the survivors must move into ghost towns infested with the Undead, searching through looted stores and abandoned hospitals - all teeming with the enemy. When they hear the desperate pleadings for help from other survivors that are trapped on a rooftop, a tough decision has to be made...

Will they put themselves into even more danger and help the strangers?

Will the critical ingredients be found, and will they make it back to the castle?

Will the Slingshot Master succeed in making slingshot rubber at last?

Time is running out - starvation is right around the corner, and the ghouls are knocking on the door, with authority.

A story of desperation, courage, hunger, violence, and... slingshots. The crazy, effective type you can only find on The Slingshot Channel!

Story by Jörg Sprave, 2013

2. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

Awesome story! I cant wait to see the movie, will it be in english?

3. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Sure, why would I make a movie in any other language? My audience mostly does not understand German.

4. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Sweet! Sounds pretty interesting and definitely a different take on the usual Zombie movie plot. Can't wait to see!

5. Baller-Bub

Baller-Bub New Member

Yeah! Jörg, you don´t seem so make things half baked!
    Maybe, while looking forward to the whole Movie,
    you can put some teasers of the progress
    to the new Preppers section?
    Greetz and go on!

6. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Go for that!

Great!- Can´t wait for the day your work will be done!

Is that fundraising- platform open yet?

Greetings,

Be

7. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

I like it, good plot Joerg.
    Your character in the movie will be Joerg Sprave or different?
    Are you concern that your movie could bring tougher ss regulations?

8. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Ok, ok... So many questions..... But now a really important one: will your cat be in the movie?
    Have you considered asking thera band company for some sponsorship? Could be nice a closeup to a bench or instrument with the theraband logo carved, when you are making rubber!

9. Brazilviking

Ok, ok... So many questions..... But now a really important one: will your cat be in the movie?
    Have you considered asking thera band company for some sponsorship? Could be nice a closeup to a bench or instrument with the theraband logo carved, when you are making rubber!

10. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Progress

Au contraire, BV!

There always has to be some form of progress!-
    So that newly found type of rubber for sure would have to be named:

"terror-band" or, due to its nature, "de-terror band"

..wouldn´t it? :)

11. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I will play myself, ten years after the catastrophe. No, I don't think a Zombie movie will change the laws. Politicians react to public pressure, not to motion pictures.

Hygenics (the makers of Thera products) wants nothing to do with slingshots, actually they hate the fact that their products work so well for us. They are afraid of a bad reputation. Compared to their main application (gymnastics), the slingshot market is tiny anyway.

12. wbap

wbap Member

sounds like the best move ever

13. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I love it. Sad to hear about Thera-band hating the Slingshot application.

14. NickF

NickF New Member

I really like the fact that it is set 10 years after the undead rise, I think it will present very interesting challenges and a new perspective on survival situations and how things deteriorate over time.

And to me the part about creating a way to make the rubber is going to be quite educational.

Oh btw i saw the video/trailer and i have to say that zombie FX's are excellent, I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well it was done.

Looking forward to more.

I don't recall seeing this, but do you guys have a targeted launch date?

15. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Giving the new rubber a name that is a play on Theraband is a brilliant notion.

Especially if they dislike it.:D

The trailer is great. I hope many other people agree and help us fund this. I know I'll go in.

16. SkauneJohan

SkauneJohan Member

really cool movie and I will love to see it

just one thought, if I was in a zombe apocalypse and was depending on silent weapons then it would be much easier to make a normal bow/crossbow instead

but that movie could of course never be awesome like this ;)

17. Brazilviking

They hate us....WE LOOOVE THEM!

18. Otees

Otees Another Member

I love the plot. Its not like your cliched zombie story.

19. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Based on the plot that Joerg posted, it does make sense NOT to go that route. Rubber-based weapons do not require any special materials to construct beyond the rubber itself. However, bows and crossbows require the tension strength to be produced by the flexing material. Yew is the best-known natural source for this, but said tree has been driven to near extinction due to this fact. Polymers like fiberglass, carbon-fiber and other such require very elaborate- if not industrial- equipment to produce; which would be beyond the ken of a group of folks hiding out in a castle. Furthermore, rubber-based weapons allow the wielder to use just about anything at hand for ammo, while the bow or crossbow shooter must get arrows or bolts- and if he's low on ammo he'll have to pull something from an undead corpse which is probably surrounded by other undeads that want to make a corpse out of him while he's trying to find something to shoot.

It might be a good idea to at least address this issue somewhere early in the movie so that audience members thinking the same thing won't be distracted by it.

-Wild Bill

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  20. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Don't give up hope! Motion pictures can and do affect public opinions, which in turn can cause political pressure through cultural shifts.

-Wild Bill