slingshots to airsoft?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by pillowfly, Sep 29, 2013.

1. pillowfly

pillowfly Member

Hi guys heres an idea i have had for a long time and im busting to tell you's :),
    For all the guys who don't know what air-soft is, its basically running around with bb guns shooting each-other in a field or a forest(look it up!)

i always thought what if you made a cool looking slingshot sniper which shot bb's,
    or made jorgs pump gun to shoot bb's or just make a slingshot which shoots them?

This would be great for people who cant afford a big-ass gas powered sniper and instead buy a slingshot sniper which can be made lighter and more powerful!:D

I would like to hear everyone else's opinion on this as its quite exciting:D

2. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

not recommended!

better use paintballs or very soft ammo for these kind of war games.

there are too many parameters that determine how many joules the bb's bring to the target if shot with elastic bands.

3. HandForged13

HandForged13 New Member

Well, since the bb is fired from a slingshot that is much bigger, the velocity would be about the same as a quality airsoft gun... but I have to agree with MaddyMax, because paintballs are much more like slingshot ammunition. If you were to make a very small slingshot, then it might be worth it as maybe a last-ditch sort of weapon.

4. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Sure to say the dude shooting me with a slingy would get full auto'd then butt stroked when I got near enough. Slingshots are too powerfull to shoot at people no matter what ammo. I've put .20g airsoft balls through 2 layers of cardboard, no way I'd let anyone shoot that at me. Been hit by a slingy while paintballing before, we emmediately decided he could no longer play with it...too much power. Call me what you will but I'll not be the one with an injury just to be "manly".

5. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

What airsoft guns are you using? We have air, spring, and CO2. Air would be the best to shoot at each other, but CO2? No.
    OFF TOPIC
    Speaking of airsoft, Hubby and I bought my dad (who is legally blind and has macular degeneration along with being color blind) an airsoft gun set for his b-day today. He loves it and is a pretty great shot.
    The first time we let him shoot some CO2 airsoft guns, he nailed the black mailbox dead center from several yards away.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I agree with Dolomite, I would never let anyone shoot me with a slingshot. Nor would I shoot anyone with one.

7. dolomite

dolomite Banned

All I know is my slingy was more powerful than my buddies all metal green gas 92fs clone. With that pistol I was ringing the topcap of a fire hydrant from about 50 feet fast as I could run it. Green gas is nasty powerfull and my slingy put it to shame.

8. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

I definitely wouldn't discredit the power of a slingshot.

9. greenevegiebeast

greenevegiebeast New Member

The only way I would even consider a sling as an air soft weapon is in a ballistic fassion where you are not shooting directly at an opponent. But at a 45ºangle loke a morter. Droping the pellets on your target.

Done properly using a cup as a case while shooting it would make a great anti squad weapon.

10. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Although my usual predeliction is for rather (very) heavy ammo I thought I'd try the other end of the scale. I made up a shooter with just single 20/40s and was pleasantly surprised to find that it shot airsoft ammo really well. Quite a long distance for ammo so tiny and light and way better than our airsoft guns (just cheapies for messing around).

11. Aussie_Al

Aussie_Al Banned

Hey mate, a bit off your suggestion topic.

But I have super duper modified airsoft pistols, which shoot steel pellets through double flattened steel cans.

I load these alternately with lead pellets (which i have made in Australia and shipped over to me in Thailand), then metal.

Then away I go; making destructive wound channel damage, then clean very deep through and through wounds, to any pesky varmints in my area.

Oh, and I am accurate enough to 10 meters plus to go clean through an eyeball to a brain, even of a bird larger than a sparrow.

Cheers Aussie Al In Thailand

12. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Doloby, you don't "butt stroke" your opponents in airsoft.

13. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Wannyby, you could be safe betting your life that if someone even shot at me with a slingy whilst playing airsoft I'd wreck shop on that fool. That said, you don't play airsoft with a SS, now do we? Oh yeah, please stop the harassment,lol;).

14. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

I have shot with bb bullets in a sling and you need way more power to make it go where you want it to go it mostly curves off and when it hits it ain't hit hard. ,maybe table 10 bbs together and it will gain more controll etc....

J

15. dolomite

dolomite Banned

J, high end airsoft pellets are heavier than bbs and fly much straighter, suprisingly dangerous.
    cheers
    Dolo