The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I have been playing airsoft for a number of years now, and this last year I picked up an el-cheapo wrist rocket to plink around in the yard with. I love doing both, so I wanted to try to merge them some how. I built a mini-rambone to use on the airsoft course and the refs said that it would be fine. But I'm having issues finding an ammo type that isn't going to kill my friends but still have enough density to travel 30-40 feet. I also need to figure out what type of bands to use on this, the theraband GOLD that I bought would work, but there is a 500FPS limit on our field. I could taper the bands down but then I'm really going to be risking them breaking in the middle of a firefight. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! :D

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
first off welcome to the forum
ever considered a slingshpt rifle?
i think this https://youtu.be/jMuI634RAYI rescaled to chamber airsoft ammo...
the size of airsoft ammo means you could probably have a good few hundred shots before having to reload...

this would give a more consistant aim on the field...

if you worry about bands snapping i would suggest using tubes as these have a proven history of being long lasting...
i think it would even be possible to have it chamber 10 rounds per shot and make a shotgun...
there are blueprints on the forum...

but if you have your heart set on a slingshot then any frame will work with the right band and pouch setup...

pretty much all of us have cut a can using airsoft bbs and it does make pretty good safe ammo to use...
hope this helps

Luke

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx everyone :) and ill look into the tube setup tonight after work tonight! never really thought of going to tubes o_O Ill check in on this project soon, let ya all know where I'm going with it :)

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Hey everyone! I have been playing airsoft for a number of years now, and this last year I picked up an el-cheapo wrist rocket to plink around in the yard with. I love doing both, so I wanted to try to merge them some how. I built a mini-rambone to use on the airsoft course and the refs said that it would be fine. But I'm having issues finding an ammo type that isn't going to kill my friends but still have enough density to travel 30-40 feet. I also need to figure out what type of bands to use on this, the theraband GOLD that I bought would work, but there is a 500FPS limit on our field. I could taper the bands down but then I'm really going to be risking them breaking in the middle of a firefight. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! :D
Greetings! You can reach 40-60 feet with airsoft and a slingshot if you have the correct bandset, but that's about the upper limit when using airsoft with a slingshot, as you don't have any hop-up or rifling. Theraband gold in my opinion is too heavy if your'e using 6mm plastic airsoft, you would want theraband black or blue.

What kind of ammo are you allowed to use in an airsoft battle besides airsoft ammo? Paintballs are a good choice, and they won't kill your friends. :)

While it may be true that rubber has a max retraction speed of around 500 fps, it's really unlikely you'll see such results unless you taper the bands to the extreme, and have a very long drawlength, with an immediate release. With a small lightweight pouch, a long drawlength, and fast tapered thera blue, you can probably hit 300-350 with airsoft, 400 if your'e lucky on a hot day. (bands shoot faster when theyr'e warm)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
we use pretty high dollar equipment so I think paint would be out of the question :D I did end up finding some rubber ammo made by GAMO that may work...there are also high density nerf 'balls' that I may try, they are way cheaper(almost 1/2 the price) Gonna purchase some to test impact and FPS.<<prolly both<<
Thx for the fast replies everyone!!

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
we use pretty high dollar equipment so I think paint would be out of the question :D I did end up finding some rubber ammo made by GAMO that may work...there are also high density nerf 'balls' that I may try, they are way cheaper(almost 1/2 the price) Gonna purchase some to test impact and FPS.<<prolly both<<
Thx for the fast replies everyone!!
By those nerfballs, do you mean what hey use in "speedball"? Those might work!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So... I got the nerf 'rival-Apollo rounds' today... They have a great color, but they are UBER bouncy!! May end up using these, they pack a nice whollop but I don't see them knocking someone out :) Just waiting on some tubes to come in the mail, should have them by Friday, in the meantime, I'm working on a design to incorporate a 25mm piston>air nozzle to bump up the FPS of the nerf rounds. Gotta find a thin-ish barrel to capture the air once I release the rubber :) Slingshots FTW!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts