Slingshot rifle update.

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by P.Konrad, Oct 26, 2020.

1. P.Konrad

P.Konrad New Member

Greeting to Members of theslingshotforum.com,

The rifle is performing exceptionally well. It have it zeroed in at sixteen yards. A ballistics profile has been generated with Hawke Chairgun pro for 8mm G100 grade steels balls.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, this wonderful program generates a reticle to predict where the round shall fall at a given magnification.

I have been advise by the manufacturers to use G100 grade steel balls otherwise the round will curve due to the Magnus effect.

I have been able to hit a coke can at 46 yards (42 meters, 148 feet).
    Here is a picture of the pouch attachment technique and part of the bands I am using.
    [​IMG]

This is a cuffed constrictor knot using 100% cotton builders chalk line with a S165 pouch from https://slingshooting.com/slingshot-pouch-die/.
    The Bands are 1.0mm Sheshou guru 46-19mm tapper. 161.5mm Band length total un-stretched untied
    682mm draw 500% elongation. 136.5mm active band length. 10mm flip clip, 15mm pouch tie in. Wings cut of at 1mm.

Shooting a 8mm G100 grade steel ball at 109m/s 357.6fps (9.2fpe) (12.47 Joules) initial, 98.1m/s, 322fps (7.4fpe) (10.03 Joules) at 30 yards.
    My Scope is a Hawke VANTAGE 3-9x40 MIL DOT RETICLE Model: 14 121

And finally something else which contributes to accuracy is the use of graphite infused wax on the laminated pouches I have made.
    The microfiber I use is from GZK laminated onto canvas
    https://gzkchina.onloon.net/detail?itemId=55f62d59621a46188df11f5b72cf76b8
    It is necessary to us a laminated pouch as the super-fiber has insufficient strength.
    These are super strong with virtually no stretch.
    [​IMG]
    You would not wish to use these with a hand slingshot as they feel nearly as smooth as chrome, however they help with a clean release for the rifle.
    Salutations P.Konrad

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    JimRhodo likes this.
  2. P.Konrad

P.Konrad New Member

Here is a picture of the Graphite infused wax I made. The ingredients are Paraffin candles plus Graphite powder. The next batch I may add some PTFE (Teflon) (WD-40 Anti Friction & PTFE Lubricant).
    [​IMG]
    The process of making the Dry Lubricant.

Salutations Konrad.

Bugar likes this.

3. 9lives77

9lives77 New Member

Wow. Very thorough and informative. I watched the Magnus effect video. I have learned something new and I thank you.
    Impressive numbers downrange as well.

P.Konrad likes this.
  4. P.Konrad

P.Konrad New Member

Thankyou 9lives77.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  5. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

I’m unlikely to use such a rifle but fascinating nonetheless. Gripped to the end of the link.

P.Konrad likes this.
  6. P.Konrad

P.Konrad New Member

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020