Slingshot Request

Discussion in 'One of a kind' started by jnmbhj, Jan 28, 2014.

1. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

Does anyone have a rambone, moorhammer or any other low fork comfortable grip. I am just looking for something that is not expensive. I don't need any fancy wood or nice designs, as I am just a slingshot beginner. I am looking for a slingshot under $25. Also please post a picture. Thanks

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

If you are in north America, check out Simple Shot. If you are in Europe, check out the forums official store.

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I'm not sure if you're going to find one for that price. You'd be better off saving a bit more and buying a Rambone if that's really what you want. You may also consider a slightly different style - Bill Hayes makes several models for right at $25 plus shipping. They're worth looking at. I've got one of his models, they are tough as nails.

http://www.pocketpredator.com/two.html

4. MBoy

MBoy New Member

ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1390980719.353776.jpg it is a natural Moore hammer design sling shot I could sell it for £10?

5. MBoy

MBoy New Member

Ps please private message me if Ur interested

6. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

I MSGed you.

7. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

A moorehammer is for more experienced shooters, you might want to look into something like the rambone or a scout. If you aren't willing to invest a decent amount of money into a slingshot, then why take up the hobby?

Oh and let me point out that you need to keep your story straight.
    Here, you said you were a beginner shooter. In another thread you've said you were a good shot and you've shot an apple off a guy's head. :rolleyes:
    Now, you are looking for a slingshot.

So, are you a beginner looking for your first slingshot or are you an experienced shooter looking to add to your collection?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  8. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Because the great thing about this hobby is that it doesnt need a big investment. A stick and some office bands and you're sorted.

:eek: Well spotted!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  9. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

I am new to the homemade wooden slingshots. I have never made a slingshot before (by myself) and in one of my posts I have a picture of a store bought slingshot that I have used for a year now. I have gotten good at target shooting.

10. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Give making one a shot. I'm in the process of making my first. I'm really enjoying it!

11. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

I will make one once the snow melts and it becomes warmer outside for me to look for a good natural fork. Also I wanted to see a slingshot that was handmade so I can try to replicate it.

12. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

I would like to add my vote to try making your own.

Even if you decide to make one from other materials than a natural fork. There is something very satisfying about creating something for yourself that can be used as a tool.

I made my first knife just yesterday. I wanted to try it for many years, but self confidence stood in my way. Turns out i just needed to want it bad enough.

I am planning several slingshot builds, as soon as I get a few more supplies and some time.

13. FilthyRusty

FilthyRusty New Member

i have built five so far and never purchased anything other than bands,ammo and cotton to weave pouches

they are not prettiest but they are fully functional and i just made a board cut pickle fork shooter which is pretty nifty ( i will take pictures asap and post)

14. walkslo

walkslo Member

Hi I'm just curious why are pickle fork shooters are called just that (I did notice by the templates and the homemade pages of design)
    Thanks for any answers and good night to all, I'll read any replies in the morning
    Wal