Slingshot practice in my hotel

Discussion in 'Conventional slingshots' started by Jeremy, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

As I've mentioned before, I travel a bit for work and the last time I was in Michigan for two weeks I didn't have access to any of my slingshots. I ordered a BB shooter from A+ Slingshots the last time I was in Michigan and brought it with me on this trip. I'm happy to report that I am able to still shoot a slingshot in my hotel room without fear of damaging anything. The only thing is I may loose a BB or two in the room.

Yes, that is a newspaper I am shooting at. Yes, that is a picture of Christian Bale I am aiming at. No, I'm not using the picture because I dislike Bale, I'm using it because it's a large picture and easy to tell where I hit.

Attached Files:

2. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

I'm sorry to hear that you do not dislike Bale. Hopefully, some of use can accept the hits you make in a malice of proxy.

-Wild Bill

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

There you go! I enjoy BB shooting indoors. It is quite a nice way to keep the urge to shoot satisfied when you can't get outside. Very nice.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  4. Jeremy

I think he is a decent enough actor. I don't particularly like, or dislike him.

5. smithhammer

smithhammer Smithhammer

Inspirational for me at the moment, since its going to probably be a looong time before I can shoot outside again. I need to figure out some sort of catchbox/target...

6. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

What kind of bands do you use. Any handslap?

7. Jeremy

Thank you for giving me the idea to look into a BB shooter Withak. With winter in full swing here in Michigan and back home in Utah I don't get out much to shoot. The BB shooter was a perfect purchase.

8. Jeremy

The bands are made of Theraband Gold. They came with the BB Shooter from A+ Slingshots. I get some hand slaps, but only if I draw out farther than normal.

9. Jeremy

I forgot to mention that you can purchase the bands from A+ as well. I'd measure them, but I'm in a hotel and don't have access to my tools.

10. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Jeremy, I think your accuracy may increase if you use a pic of Jake Gyllenhall, your subconscious will zero in on a hated figure. For that matter, Jake's brother maggie would work as well. How do you like the A+ bb shoota? I bought an A+ ps-2 and found it way under built and over priced/rated, it sits in a box whilst all my other slingies get shot.
    Its fun to break the rules in a hotel room, isn't it?

11. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Bale was easily the best Batman though....Oh wait, that wasn't the question was it?

Very cool way to pass the time when away from home, its always more fun when you're not supposed to be doing it too ;)

12. Jeremy

I'm impressed with the BB shooter. It's comfortable in my hands and since the bands are thinner and specifically made for BBs, I don't have to worry about the bands overpowering the SS.

I'm not sure I would purchase a full size slingshot from A+, I also think they are a bit pricey. I'm very satisfied with the BB shooter though.

I also brought my PS3 this trip (I'm here a total of two weeks). Playing video games and shooting slingshots and watching Netflix is a great way to pass he time away from home on the weekends.