Slingshot on the go! (slingshot Clothing?!?)

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by Hardtimes, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Hardtimes

Hardtimes Member

The idea is something I've been discussing with a friend at work. The concept is simple enough, design a belt buckle that when removed can be converted simply into a slingshot.

The simplest way I could come up with was to have two halved of the slingshot attached at the top of the fork. This creates an O shape while open but when folded over becomes a U shape with handle. There would likely be indentations on the outside top part of each fork to attach bands wrapped around a steel pin that is housed in the folded slingshot when it is closed, preventing them from being dislodged.

The placement of the hinges and where the bands are inserted is the biggest issue I see.

I will do my best to upload a sketch some time in the near future.

Cheers.

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

i like this idea, my gears are running full speed again trying to figure this out ;)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013

3. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Or just a slingshot belt buckle. It would cause some irritation but it's totally worth it!

4. Hardtimes

Hardtimes Member

The key is finding a shape that isnt imediately obvious but is functional. Personally I'd wear one all the time. Preferably with a paracord belt for survival.

5. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I have a picture in my head. Lets see if I can get it out. I'll be back.

6. Hardtimes

Hardtimes Member

Sorry about sketch quality. I was thinking the folding area could have alternating teath to grip the band without tying it.

Attached Files:

7. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

How about don't make the whole buckle a slingshot,but have the slingshot on the buckle like the gun belt buckle.
    [​IMG]

8. Odins_Zornn

Odins_Zornn Noob

Or you could have the belt buckle fold open from the sides behind something like the picture above. It wouldn't be terribly comfortable to hold, but it would definatly be functional.

You could even spring load a release for it to swing out.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013