Slingshot materials question

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Blair, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Blair

Blair New Member

Hi, i am quite new to slingshots, and i have recently built a slingshot and ordered all the necessary things, such as bands. However i do not know where to get a pouch. I don't have any old boots or belts so i was wondering where else could i get it? Could i buy leather from somewhere?

Thanks, Blair.

2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Once I saw Joerg posting that he got his leather from Ebay searching the key : "leather hide"
    I also had found it in working gloves, very cheap here, made from a gray piece of leather without the color brigth side (just the soft part).

3. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

I have a little bit spare if you would like me to send you some. Just drop me a PM if you would like.

4. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hi Blair,
    If you don' t have leather you can use almost any material for a pouch if you use the "dog-bone pouch" method. You can use that until you get your hands on leather. Watch HERE!!!
    I tried it and it works great. ;)

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

As Brazilviking said, old leather work gloves are perfect. I'm willing to bet that if you did some searching through your house, you could come up with something. Tongue from and old boot, gloves, thin belt leather, etc.

6. Julio

Julio New Member

Raul found slingshot on google images and i found it very cool:D
    I send you the pcture on facebook....:D.....

7. Otees

Otees Another Member

What i did when i had no leather was get a patch of a towel then cover it in heaps of layers of duct tape. Its just an idea i shot from it just like any other slingshot.