Slingshot hunting

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by CJC, May 25, 2013.

1. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

I have been hunting with my slingshot since last year and I have only got starlings. I want to hunt some thing bigger than a starling what would some one recommend for a slingshot?

2. Bullybreeder

Bullybreeder Banned

thera tube black doublelooped. Shoot 45mm steel balls

3. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

Thanks but would the 45mm steel balls be way to big?

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  4. Bullybreeder

Bullybreeder Banned

Arent you trying to take deer. I did it once. Shot a deer in the skull and followed it for about 10 minutes and it died

5. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

I'll use my compound bow for deer. I was thinking more like rabbits and muskrats.

6. Bullybreeder

Bullybreeder Banned

Well u can us double loop thera tube green for rabbit, target style. And i dont know what a muskrat is

7. Bullybreeder

Bullybreeder Banned

I just googled it and you can use the same bands to kill the oversized beaver and use 25mm steel

8. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

Muskrats are large rodents that live near water. They have thick brown fur and a long, fur less, scaly tail. They can grow up to two feet long with tail. I was to late posting you beat me to it . THANKS!!!!

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  9. Bullybreeder

Bullybreeder Banned

You see they are the same as a beaver with those long chunky front teeth and dont the chop down trees

10. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

Luckily they do not cut down trees but they feed on crops bordering waterways and they dig channels up to 50-100ft long.
    They are a big pest but luckily I got a friend to help me a snake that I have never seen before it has black/orange bands and is about 5ft long. I can't find any info on the snake so its a mystery. Thanks for information for what kind of bands/ammo to use! One more question steel or lead?

11. glen

glen New Member

do you think barnett red tub bands would be good for hunting for rabbits,foxes...

12. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

Rabbits but not foxes. You need something bigger like a rifle or bow for foxes.

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  13. glen

glen New Member

14. glen

glen New Member

on what kinda distance you think it would be efective on rabbits

15. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

I really don't know,but I would go for 12 yards which= 35ft and go for a head shot.

16. Bullybreeder

Bullybreeder Banned

you can take a fox. Crack its skull

17. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

I don't know if I would kill a fox with a slingshot my limit is rabbit ,muskrat or the mystery snake if I see it. Before I shoot any thing with my slingshot I have to take care of a coyote before it gets are calves and piglets. I'm going to try to take it with a compound bow.

18. Bullybreeder

Bullybreeder Banned

You dot have to kill it just get a donkey they are great protectors because they will kick the hell out of a coyote

19. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

I use to have a donkey,but it got to mean so I had to get rid of it. If I kill the coyote nothing will go to waste because I will tan the hide,European mount the head and feed the meat to my Dermestid Beetles that we use to get all the flesh off of the bones so we can European mount the animal.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]