Slingshot for shooting projectiles on fire ?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by JejeDark, Oct 22, 2013.

1. JejeDark

JejeDark New Member

I asked me if someone already made a slingshot shooting arrows or bullets on fire.
    If somebody has one, please, if you can, post any pictures of it.
    It can be very funny to put zombies on fire from far. Jöerg can maybe make one, to put his catch box on fire ;-):-D:)( It can be usefull in winter to light a fire )

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I'm sure any slingbow would work for shooting arrows that have the tip on fire. Chief AJ makes a really good slingbow, I have one and it is a pleasure to shoot arrows and steel ammo out of. The Pathfinder School also offers a slingbow model. I have not shot one of theirs, but their arrow rest does not fold down as easily as the one from Chief AJ.

3. Mulgarat

Mulgarat New Member

I think if the projectile flies too fast, the fire will go out, but even the archers of middel ages had a solution for that. They used some kid of chemical ingrediences, that restarted the fire after the arrow hitted something

4. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Actually for a standard or recurve bow if you use the right fuel you should have no problem with the fire going out.

Without going into details I will say that yes it is possible, and since there is a very real danger of this information being abused I will not say how I did it.

Now a compound bow might snap it hard enough to put the fire out.

The only way to find out would be to test, and since I no longer have access to 40 acres of black nonburnable ground, LOL well your on your own. :)

Think it through carefully before trying this please.

5. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

6. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Joerg made one that shoots flaming arrows and a pumpgun that shoots firecrackers

J

7. knivesgotguns

knivesgotguns New Member

My brothers and I like to put steel wool on para cord and swing it around at night time. Sparks go flying. Ive been wanting to put it on an arrow and use it with my sling bow. Ill try to see if I can find a pic of it

Attached Files:

8. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

The big trick might be protecting the rubber from the heat.
    Joerg's flaming sulphur arrows for the witch ignitor (Hansel & Gretel tie-in vid) solves the velocity extinguishing problem.
    He even shows how to make them.

Don't go giving slingshots a bad name, my fellow pyromaniac!:D

Waiting for snow on the ground seems wise.

9. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

I saw that on YouTube quite awesome but be care full we're leather or protective clothing you might hit your self

J