Slingshot fishing?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by jnmbhj, Jan 28, 2014.

1. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

I have read and seen pictures of people who use slingshots to kill fish near shore my questions is how is this even possible??:confused:

Also I do go fishing and I have a fishing licence but I never catch fish I always catch the tree 4/10 times. So do you guys think that a slingshot could shoot a ball of bait with the hook and line far enough instead of casting the line?

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Ok, lets talk fishing! Besides beer, all of my posts tend to be drawn off-topic by this subject!
    First of all, most people who use slingshots to kill fish are generally using a shooter that is modified to fire arrows with an attached line (I.e. slingbow with a reel attachment). In most states, only carp are allowed to be taken in such a manner. I am not sure how much I agree with this senseless killing, but carp do indeed overrun lakes and ponds. I urge you and anyone else who kills any fish to eat it. Carp taste good, once you get past the bones. They are very good smoked too. There several designs for slingbows online that will show you what you need. Or, I can maybe offer some design ideas.
    The second option you mentioned is a slingshot equipped with a large pouch that will fire your bait, hook and sinker further out than traditional casting will allow.
    My good friend Schultz made me a special shooter like this, and I have used it extensively. It works extremely well, and I never go fishing without it!
    I hope I was able to help clarify things a bit, and please let me know if I can be of any further help.
    Again, I do encourage 'catch and release' fishing, but to each their own.

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Will the fishing master has spoken. Nothing more need be said.

4. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Regarding carp- When thoroughly boiled and thus de-boned, id does make a decent New England style chowder. Regarding SS fishing, Will has spoken, so just say, "Amen".

-Wild Bill

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Thanks WildBill! Also, this is a great idea for carp! It is really a nice, solid white meat.
    I knew an old man who came from somewhere down in the deep south. He told me (in a drawl that was nearly impossible to understand, let alone replicate) "Yuh. Ma daddy taught me a manneracookin' them caaaap thas real easuhy. You jus take and stick that caaap between a paira ol' bricks and put it in the fahr. Aftuh a whal, you takes it out, throws the caaaap away and you eats them bricks!'

6. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I've heard of people putting fishing line through lead shot then shooting the fish and reeling them in. I've never tried it but I didn't see any reason it wouldn't work, I don't think the fish would fight too hard after being shot...

7. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

Good idea there is a lot of carp where I live in the summer and manly do catch and release, But keep one or two to eat.

8. egmont

egmont Slingshot General

if you shoot it with the sinker it will! i would use up to a 10g sinker for that.