Slingshot fishing pole

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by bigfisher, Aug 2, 2013.

1. bigfisher

bigfisher New Member

Hi,

we have a suggestion for a slingshot fishing pole that can be used to throw or shot the hook and the bait.
    Attached to the slingshot (crossbowlike) have to be a fishing reel to pull the fishes back when caught.
    This would be totally awesome!:D

2. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

This may be something I can work on using my fishing catapult and rod

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

This is actually pretty common here when people are fishing big rivers and want to throw their bait a long distance. I have seen some very elaborate catapults and sling crossbows. However, your best way is to have a device that sits by itself, not attached to the rod. Much easier that way and works better.

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I don't have any experience with that, but I thought the same. A slingshot attached to the rod ould make it clumsy!

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Exactly. And the weight of most fishing lead used in big rivers far exceeds the capacity for hand-held shooters. And the idea of having a stainless hook flying past my face...no, trust me, that hurts too much!!
    I believe there are a few YouTube videos of launchers that the sturgeon fishermen use on the Columbia river in Oregon. I never got into that when I was up there, too much work, but the technique is quite popular.