The Slingshot Forums banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
2,943 Posts
Had some shockingly bad shooting towards the end of the week. Today it still wasn’t brilliant so I went to a different spot set up some cans with no ammo catch. There is something fantastically satisfying about hitting objects at an unknown but out of familiar range distance, which heals all disappointments.

This is some later shooting which was fantastic even in the rain.

·
2,943 Posts
Been working quite hard to get more consistent and it is starting to pay off. I do need to concentrate and keep focussed.

Quite mellow shooting

·
2,943 Posts
3F76170E-7329-4EB1-8D9B-9CF2A3F0A74A.jpeg
Cold, wet, windy weather: don’t you just love it? Cold hands. Shivering frame won’t stay still. Muscles tense and stiff. Target blowing all over the place.

Accuracy down but occasionally it comes together a bit.
If I max out the elastic.
If I lower the sight picture so the frame reference is an inch lower than normal.
If I shoot promptly so the tubes don’t cool down too fast.
If I do everything else I’ve discovered I should be doing.
Then I might get an okay 60% and a pleasing group starting.

That hit at the top is actually a miss from another target.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
View attachment 42641 Cold, wet, windy weather: don’t you just love it? Cold hands. Shivering frame won’t stay still. Muscles tense and stiff. Target blowing all over the place.

Accuracy down but occasionally it comes together a bit.
If I max out the elastic.
If I lower the sight picture so the frame reference is an inch lower than normal.
If I shoot promptly so the tubes don’t cool down too fast.
If I do everything else I’ve discovered I should be doing.
Then I might get an okay 60% and a pleasing group starting.

That hit at the top is actually a miss from another target.
still tearing it up even in the cold. that's some good shooting.

·
2,943 Posts
A very pleasing but surprising day. This is my 10m range.

As you can see it is cold and snowy. I don’t expect much of myself as the bands tend to be a bit stiff and unpredictable but after a week or two of dropped shots and overcompensating I get this stunning 90% target hit: even the 70% was a surprise. New tube set too. I will be quite happy if I can keep the orange Hit line above the red Miss line

·
2,943 Posts

I’ve been shooting but with mixed success. The weather got warmer which led me to think I should shoot better. But no. 60%s if I’m lucky. I often get the first few shots and then I overthink it or I relax too much. So much to think about so much to remember. I must have muscle amnesia rather than muscle memory.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #115

I’ve been shooting but with mixed success. The weather got warmer which led me to think I should shoot better. But no. 60%s if I’m lucky. I often get the first few shots and then I overthink it or I relax too much. So much to think about so much to remember. I must have muscle amnesia rather than muscle memory.
good shooting

101 - 120 of 126 Posts