The Slingshot Forums banner

61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
2,941 Posts
Had a shoot this morning. Tried can cutting again. Got a few hits in at 10 metres but didn’t have time to cut. By the time I got out again it was dark so I couldn’t see very much.
Solution.
Drew a target on an empty mince pies box and then put a torch (or flashlight) inside the box. The target was now glowing and when I got a hit a spot of bright light flashed out. Too dark to record but visible enough to the naked eye.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had a shoot this morning. Tried can cutting again. Got a few hits in at 10 metres but didn’t have time to cut. By the time I got out again it was dark so I couldn’t see very much.
Solution.
Drew a target on an empty mince pies box and then put a torch (or flashlight) inside the box. The target was now glowing and when I got a hit a spot of bright light flashed out. Too dark to record but visible enough to the naked eye.
Great idea, Jim! I've experimented a bit myself with that concept. Going to give some inexpensive LED strip lighting a try, the kind you can cut to length. Stick them on the inside edge of a target "frame" that has slots for changing out the used targets and new targets.
Tim

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Solution.
great solution.

·
2,941 Posts
Great morning. Shot a can at five metres then played Step Back at 10 metres.
Take home lesson today:
Pouch grip more or less consistent.
Now I need to focus on the point of aim, the tiniest point I can see and keep it in focus till the shot is over.
Follow through holding the frame steady.

Edit.
Had another go this morning and was all over the place. I had replaced the bandset as one of the ties came undone and so of course the tubing was now shorter and a bit of a pull. I tied another and for some reason that was a bit short too and I think the set is maxing out when I draw. So I’m hitting down and to the right or I just waver about. The pouch grip is sore again so that kept changing too. Just couldn’t get my mojo working.

·
2,941 Posts

In the morning 50% or thereabouts. In the evening 80% or thereabouts. Am: cold, wet, tired and hungry. In evening I was warmer and relaxed.

·
2,941 Posts
Did another can cut. For those who just want the cut:
For those who want to see the duel of about 60 shots:
It’s made me think. If I am able to get enough cans I might go for a month of cuts. The baseline is 64 at 52% accuracy.The only thing is that unless I film it I’ll have to record how many shots and hits. Maybe time it.

·
2,941 Posts
Had a go at a can cut. Sixty shots later it was still hanging on and I went home. Came out this morning and still hanging on. Kept shooting till job done.

·
2,941 Posts
Cold, damp, shivery. Not a good morning. Most shots went low as the bands were underpowered and shivers meant the rest largely went amiss. I’ll dress more warmly next time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
layed off a few days here too, due to snow. hope to get out today for some slingshootist therapy.

61 - 80 of 121 Posts