Slingbow

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by ruthiexxxx, Nov 30, 2013.

1. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Not exactly new but one I made a good few months ago but decided that narrow forks were the way to go. But I've noticed recently that several commercial makers of slingbows were using very wide forks so i thought I'd give it another go with some serious rubber.

I've been trying for ages to get some of the heavy tube that Madison Parker uses on his slingshots. I think that what I got was the size up from that which made it a tad too heavy for a slingshot...but it has turned out great on the bow. A bit on the powerful side. The first shot ripped out the arrow rest and sent it downrange after the arrow...but i think I've got that sorted now.

Many thanks to my dear friend Alfredo for sending me the tubing :)

Attached Files:

• sb2.jpg
      sb2.jpg
      File size:
      79.5 KB
      Views:
    • sb.jpg
      sb.jpg
      File size:
      102 KB
      Views:
  2. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Very nice, love the detail!

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I think I already know the answer to this, but you do all that carving yourself, right? You're very talented, Ruthie. Very nice work. One question, though - how do you hold this? It almost looks from the photos like the forks would be straight up and down based on the position of the handle to the forks. Am I missing something?

4. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I'm making something sort of similar to that it's not very high on my priority list tho. If I knew it'd look like that it would be tho

5. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Thank you :) I'm afraid the photo maybe doesn't make it very clear. The grip is immediately below the fork assemble. Perhaps you were seeing the offset arm brace as the grip. The offset is to line the bow up more comfortably. I hold it at 45 degrees as I do with ordinary shooters. Does this mean that I am halfway to being a gangsta ?

And yes...I do all the carving myself :)

Attached Files:

• sb1.jpg
      sb1.jpg
      File size:
      59.5 KB
      Views:
    • sb2.jpg
      sb2.jpg
      File size:
      57.3 KB
      Views:
  6. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Incidentally there may be some changes round here ! I've just got to know a very nice guy who is becoming interested in slingshots....WHO CAN WELD!!!.......AND has the use of a metalworking shop! Oh Yay...oh frabjous day! There are so many ideas that I have that could make use of this :D

7. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Okay, yes, that makes more sense now - half-gangsta, I like that :) Brilliant work on the carving.

8. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

thanks amigo :)

9. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Again really nice Carving! 1+ I have miss your Beautifull Slingbows my Friend ;)

10. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Thank you amigo :D. At the moment I seem to have more slingbows than arrows. I think I'd better get making some!