Slingbow release

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by ruthiexxxx, May 25, 2014.

1. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Credit for this idea must go to the BadAss slingshot guy...though I had been musing along similar lines.

It is SO simple and seems to be very effective with just a little practice.

Anyone could make one in half an hour with a bit of broom handle and a nail.

The slingbow I'm testing it on has 4 bands a side of TBG (estimated draw of a tad over 50lb) and it works smoothly with this .

I do have a mechanical release but I think this may be the one I use from now on.

Attached Files:

2. jabknives

jabknives New Member

Awesome! Great concept and beautiful execution. Your woodcarving is exquisite!

3. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Thank you. I can't claim the concept as BadAss published before me...though I'm thinking of a much shorter , and possibly curved, 'hook' for the next one

4. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

I'll admit I had to double take the picture as I was watching a movie while reading this.

lovely carving as usual

5. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

thanks amigo. I have to say that the jury is still out on this. Yesterday, after a little practice, it was working great. Today it seems to have an acute case of premature ejaculation which is a tad hairy with arrows ! I shall practice (very carefully!) some more.

6. FilipNilssob

FilipNilssob Lactose is my Kryptonite

Easy but effective! I have to make a slingbow soon, I haven't tried yet!

7. BoyntonStu

BoyntonStu Member

Where does the battery go Dr. Freud?

(It may be used with or without the battery to experience a release)

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  8. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

9. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

I think I need to put a splatter screen in front of my laptop, either that or no coffee when reading forums.

10. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Go for it. You'll love 'em. And you've all my (many) mistakes to learn from !