Slingbow fishing

Discussion in 'Slingbows' started by CJC, Jul 28, 2013.

1. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

I'm trying to set my slingshot up to shoot fish any ideas on how to set it up?

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Is your slingshot already equipped to launch arrows? If so, all I would recommend is to mount a large closed-face spinning reel with plenty of high-strength line and attach the other end to your arrows. It should be pretty straightforward. The reel can be bought at any sporting goods store for usually less than $20. They are the type of reels normally found on little kid fishing rods, just bigger. As for line, 50-80 pound braided line would be good.

3. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

'till you have a fishing reel you can put the line on a slightly conical rod in front of the slingshot. more time consuming to wind it up every time though ...

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^excellent idea^

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

What fish species are you intending to shoot?
    I believe only carp and suckers are legal targets in my part of the US.

6. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

It will be just carp.

7. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Should be good fun then! A 20lb carp is a very tough fight

8. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

When I read threads like this I don't know if I feel relief for being away from all this laws or if I'm in a lawless country......:confused:

9. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^interesting thought^

I am very much in favor of the fishing regulations. Those creatures have a hard enough time dodging dams, sediment runoff, pollution and many other obstacles.

10. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

sometimes some things are over-regulated for my taste. last year there was this guy here in austria that wanted to impress his son and put a fish on the line that he bought out of the freezer the day before.

someone saw it and made a complaint. now he might be forced to pay 360 days of a hearing or go to prison for 6 months. for a value in dispute of 3€.

http://tirol.orf.at/news/stories/2534578/

11. Otees

Otees Another Member

^Thats Unfortunate for him. I wish him luck!!^

12. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Alternatively like this:

Attached Files:

13. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

i thought of something looking more like the part on the left of your picture. a tapered rod with the winded up line on it faceing towards the target to let the line unwind itself during flight without getting stuck or something.

14. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^wow^

Ok. That is over-regulated. And the authorities have no sense of humor. Poor guy would've been punished even if he tied a rubber chicken on the line!

15. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

lol. not quite. they don't believe it was a dead fish from the supermarket. the only whitness there was - the guy making the complaint - didn't come to the hearing because he was on vacation. what i mean is, there can be made complains and hearings for such bagatelles. this man had a fishing licence but didn't ask for permission to fish there.

16. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

human kind is loosing humor bit by bit.

did someone see this asterix movie with the weirdos-making-house with clerks, paragraphs, forms, ...

17. Schultz

Schultz New Member

18. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Oh, I see. I do believe I would have thrown the witness into the water if I could get hold of him:mad:. Teach him a lesson about minding his own business!
    A shame to have a nice day of fishing(and a good joke) ruined.

19. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

You could always use an old tablet tube for pills that holds your line. I saw that recently in this video:

[ame]http://youtu.be/vPJeI_QbLjo[/ame]

Hope that helps

20. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

I can get the whole sling bow fishing system for around $60.00 or make a homemade system for around $35.00.