Slingbow finished

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by 4foruglenncoco, Nov 19, 2013.

1. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

Attached Files:

2. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

I did horrible on my file work and sanding, I'm doing another in the future though

Attached Files:

3. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

I think it looks pretty good and you can always go back and file/sand it out more. I would think you were just anxious to band it up to test shoot it! Which i think is wise for a few reasons... One to get past the anxiety and two to check it out/debug it if needed before extra time spent on fine finishing. Nice job and good work! The real question is how's it shoot for you? I've been wanting to try this design for awhile myself.

4. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

Shoots great but I would advise using the toothbrush method instead of the milk carton method

5. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Thanks for the heads-up on the toothbrush method, which is what i would do also. I have not seen the milk carton version...

6. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

cool, cool

why not sand this smoother instead of making a new one?

7. Tremoside

Tremoside SINdustrial designer

Wisely thought :). It's always better to push the limits of a project and learn / practice as much as you can. Saves time and helps to calculate time and effort for the next thing. Test for coating, make yourself familiar with the material from A to Z etc.

I have frames I never shooted. Finished just to get a grip with their forming and ergonomy. Maybe a thing is not good as a shooter but has an excellent grip and vice versa.

Promising project!

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I never would have thought of that, very impressive.

9. flyingdog

flyingdog New Member

Personally... I think it looks good. I've always liked the im-perfect look of natural wood and other stuff. Reminds me when doing a custom motorcycle tank, I took a ball-peen to it. Gave it that weathered/antique look.

10. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

I know that basic design works...and with triple TBG you should have some serious power ! (and need strong arrows to go with it!!)

11. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I'm with the others who are saying there is no reason you need to consider this 'done' and move on to the next. Maybe set it aside, but some time spent with a file, some sandpaper and a nice finish would help take this to the next level. It's a creative design with the rounded head and the toothbrushes, I'm curious to see it taken to a full finish. You've got a nice shooter there.

12. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

I stained it and also I have another design I found on the blueprints I want to do which can hold more bands because three is not strong enough for me, I am storng enough to have four layers but I will need to double the the leather.:D

13. coconut42117

coconut42117 Junior Member

I love this, it looks so natural and cool! Wonderful slingshot!