Some of you folk have seen my Redneck Connecting Rod Slingshot. Today I managed to break one side of my Thera-band black tube under stress and take a little whack across the face from it. Nothing injured except for my pride. I guess we know the slingshot is still the boss in this relationship... I think I have to re-work the fork area to smooth the tube mounting parts and then maybe do something different about anchoring the ends of the tube. Right now I'm using aluminum utility wire which I think is somewhat harsh-edged. I've got lots more research to do around here but I sure was having fun shooting my first slingshot so I'll be glad to re-work it or build another one and continue! So cautionary note for everything I guess: keep an eye on your band/tube mounting areas for stress and cracks.