Simple slingbow

Discussion in 'Slingbows' started by dannytsg, Jul 8, 2013.

1. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

Just thought I'd post a simple slingbow that costs less than £5.

Standard wrist braced slingshot £2.00
    5mm Steel rod £0.99
    2 part Epoxy £0.99

All I had to do what take the slingshot, drill a hole in the hand grip with a diameter of 4.5mm . Then I bent the steel rod into a 'M' shape and cut it to make the arrow rest. This was then epoxied into position and restrained using some elastic bands I found in my drawer to help absorb the band slap.

A simple and effective slingbow. I will get a video of it later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also plan to upgrade the tubes at some point.

2. Where is the bow of the simple slingbow?

It's arrow Slingshot and a Slingshot!

Not more!

Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013

3. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

I thought the whole concept of a sling bow was to use a traditional slingshot and modify it to fire arrows, hence it becomes a sling-bow.

4. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Good arrow-rest.

Let´s fix a thread of cotton between arrow and shooter and then we can call it a harpoon.

5. Therider21

Therider21 Member

Nice!!!
    Which Bolts do you use?
    I´ll try to build one soon... it´s a nice idea... Bolt- slingshot :D
    Do you know that tahitians are building kindof slingbows?
    [The arrow is a sharpened Nail - Head is flatened with a "fluke(?)" and bristles are banded around the back to stabilize it.]

6. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

I shoot 32 inch carbon fibre arrows or 32 inch aluminium arrows as I have a long draw.

These are really fun things to make and shoot.

7. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

I like this kind of no frills design. These parts can likely be found anywhere there's a store, and the time and cash investment about as low as you could ask for.

Do you replace the arrow nocks and epoxy in golf tees? How do you grip with the standard pouch?

8. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Simple, cheap and effective conversion of slingshot to slingbow.
    I don't have a lot of experience with slingbows, so here goes my question: Have you ever tried to make something like, a butterfly style shooting arrow? A very long one, to use the maximum draw length possible?

9. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

If you google for "slingbow pictures" you will find some with bow-type and some with slingshot-type rubbered arrow shooters :)

10. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

I leave the arrow knocks in tact and tie a piece of bowstring or paracord through the pouch loops where the bands attach. The arrow then knocks onto the paracord and you can use the leather pouch to grip and pull back the draw.

Thanks for the comments guys.