The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Simple magnetic bracelet for metal ammo

Hello, today I made this simple magnetic bracelet for quick shooting, no wasting time grabbing ammo from a pocket/pouch.

Materials:
8cm wide elastic textile rubber band
Neodyme magnets , 12x2,5mm each 17N force
Magnetic strip
Paracord inner strand

Tools:
1,5mm thick needle
lighter to burn the ends of the paracord inners
rotary cutter to cut the elastic band and magnetic strip and rubber bands that you might punch out while sewing

I only had 5 of the magnet hanging around so it currently holds only five 13,5mm steel chrome balls. The balls wont fly off even if I shake my hand vigorously from side to side. It can hold more balls but only 1 per each magnet is a solid hold so the others will fly off if you shake your hand.

First I sewed the elastic band into a bracelet, then folded it in half to hold the magnetic strip (which holds the magnets in place). Then it was done. First idea was to sew all the opening shut, but it holds without a problem when on the arm so I choose to leave them open so I can access the magnets.

PS: IF ****ing Baba can have a subforum then make a tutorial subforum plsthxbb! :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Slingshots FTW
631 Posts
looks great but I find that if you move your arms a lot (I do) It probably will fall off. But great design

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lmao I am telling you if you have one 13,5mm ball on one 17N strong magnet it wont fall off so easily, you would have to make a pretty fast thrust sideways to the force of thr magnets, but thats something you wouldnt do normally with the arm you hold your sling with, especially if its not you main arm ( like most of people I am right handed and my right eye is dominant so i hold a ss frame in my left).

Ill post a video later so you can see, And also there is always the possibility to add stronger magnets. But then you start having problems removing them with your fingers :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Lmao I am telling you if you have one 13,5mm ball on one 17N strong magnet it wont fall off so easily, you would have to make a pretty fast thrust sideways to the force of thr magnets, but thats something you wouldnt do normally with the arm you hold your sling with, especially if its not you main arm ( like most of people I am right handed and my right eye is dominant so i hold a ss frame in my left).

Ill post a video later so you can see, And also there is always the possibility to add stronger magnets. But then you start having problems removing them with your fingers :)
Funny you know.... I shoot a bow holding it in my left and drawing with my right, and I shoot a slingshot the other way around. I don't get why that is.

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats interesting, did you test which eye is your dominant one? Like making a circle with your hands and looking through it at a far away object, then closing one eye. The eye thats on the target is the dominant.
Maybe you have both eyes dominant? Is that even possible? Dunno :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts