Simple ammo bag

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by jackofalltrades, Feb 13, 2014.

1. jackofalltrades

jackofalltrades Banned

These are my ammo bags, they are made from leather. They are extremely easy to make and work real well. U simply draw a circle on your leather cut it out fold it it into a half circle and punch holes at regular intervals around it. Then thread a string through and use a thicker leather piece as a kind of toggle.

I use the big one to store all my ammo and the small one to hold 30 or 40 shots that I am shooting with, I keep the small one on me at all times :)

Let me know what you guys think and also you post up your bag designs :)

ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1392300075.524275.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1392300099.956776.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1392300119.712900.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1392300159.124831.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1392300181.613432.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Slingshot Forum

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I like them. Simple, easy to make and they should last a long time. Nice.

3. jackofalltrades

jackofalltrades Banned

Thanks man, you can make them literally in 5 minutes and in wate a size you want too

4. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

I keep my ammo everywhere, pouches, backpacks etc.

5. jackofalltrades

jackofalltrades Banned

I do the same with my larger ammo eg 10 and 12 mm lead however the ammo shown here is my 1/4 steel target ammo and I also use 8 mm lead, I find this small ammo goes missing in my pockets and backpacks, thanks for your input :)

6. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

I do that with my 1/2'' steelballs, I don't shoot smaller stuff and I don't want lead in any of my pockets:)

7. jackofalltrades

jackofalltrades Banned

That's true, however my heavy lead is for hunting and hunting only so I usually have max 10 balloon me, also if I shoot indoors I don't trust myself to use anything larger than 1/4 steel lol :)

Joat

8. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Looks great! I used to use one of those for ammo before i made my other bag :) i have one for the lenses which i use to make close-ups with too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

9. jackofalltrades

jackofalltrades Banned

Cool, these are so diverse and can be used for just about anything, they can be used to great affect in a bushcraft kit, they are also made from leather so shud last a long time :)

Joat

10. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

My mother would make marble bags like that for me back in the 50's. Never dreamed I'd want one again in 2014!

11. jackofalltrades

jackofalltrades Banned

Ha, they are super easy to make and really versatile :)

Joat

12. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Really cool idea.

I have some thin hides around somewhere, too thin for pouches, but perfect for an ammo bag. probably won't find them anytime soon though.

13. jackofalltrades

jackofalltrades Banned

I might try it with some sort off denim later and see if it works, you can experiment with all types of material and see how you get on :)

Joat

14. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Very cool. I love seeing what members of the forum come up with.

15. jackofalltrades

jackofalltrades Banned

Thanks Jeremy, easy to make and very versatile :)

Joat