Silly but rather fun !

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by ruthiexxxx, Sep 7, 2013.

1. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

I've been having fun attaching small explosive caps to arrow heads. They give quite a bang and a very satisfying flash on impact ! :)

I am currently experimenting with gluing them to hexnuts. Believe me, it gives a whole new level of concern about fork hits !!

It did occur to me though that...should the zombie apocalypse arise...they would make great impact detonators for a larger explosive charge on an arrow...one could literally blow the zombie's head apart from the inside :D

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  2. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Lol! Sounds fantastic fun Ruthie the possibilities are endless in a shtf scenario but also imagine lighting a sambuca from 20m!!! :)

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

This is great!! If you do some searching of the local hardware stores, you may be able to find rounds for 'powder-driven' nail guns. They are percussion caps taken to the next level. Essentially blanks, but seriously mean blanks! I've got a box of them somewhere here that are equal to a .38 cal round. Fun to hit with a hammer or throw in a bonfire! :D

4. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Wow...thanks for that amigo. We're a bit away from civilisation here in the mountains but I shall make enquiries. They sound like an infinitely pervertable possibility !! :)

It is quite good here for buying fireworks so the acquisition of gunpowder is possible

5. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

I love explosions!!! [​IMG]

Last time i hammered a blank the doctor had to remove a piece of the shell from my hand.
    Kids, don' t do this at home unless you are with an adult stupid enough to do it for you!!!

6. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^^
    tokSick is exactly right. If you do something this foolish, use a bloody big hammer. Remember, as hard as you whack that blank, fragments will fly outwards equally hard. Ok...don't do something this stupid. Picking brass from your knuckles is overrated.

7. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

I have been shooting "throw downs" with my slingshots. They are pretty much little rocks with gunpowder wrapped in paper. They explode of impact and they are fun to shoot at your friends (as long as you are wearing safety glasses!)

8. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

I really must get some of those...they sound fun !

I must be is a very silly mood this morning ! My slingshots and slingbows tend to cater for the slaughter of large mammals (even though I don't) and I thought it would be fun to have something non-lethal I could shoot ...just for messing about. I remembered that we had lots of airsoft ammo (from a previous episode!). I thought it might be too light to do anything but I rebanded a SS with some very small, very stretchy tube that someone kindly sent me. I think it's Dankung and is roughly the size of the 20/40 but red. And it works a treat ! :)

Reasonably accurate at 10 metres but scarcely able to pierce the target at that range. Probably as safe as one can get for SS ammo

Attached Files:

9. CEZ

CEZ New Member

Exploding ammo would also make a good distraction/decoy. In WWZ zombies are attracted to noise but I can imagine that it would also work for humans, considering your slingshot wouldn't make much noise.

10. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Targets with a voice!

@kineticweaponry: those throw-downs are cool! Bought some for my kid.. theres still many of them left!..- don´t those long range gunners use explosives as a target, too? (to see if they hit?)

11. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

I have a friend which is in charge of the blasts at a cooper mine, time ago I suggested him to let me initiate a blast with a slingshot hit over the main detonator and videoing it ... NO NO NEVER he replied ... I claimed let me a little one, only one or two tons of explosives ... NONE ... LOL !

12. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I've seen this documentary once...can't remember the channel, about the atlatl weapon.....a crazy guy tries to make it more efficient, and his challenge is to pierce an ancient spanish armor. He managed to get some kind of arrow head that fires a real bullet upon impact....I think it was used to kill alligators or something.......
    Has anyone seen this too?

13. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

It's called weapons masters. On the History Channel.

14. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I used to do that with shotgun primers and rolls of caps.

@Ruthie
    Are you using ammo primers? If you are shooting at a long enough range. you can secure a cartridge to a shaft like bottle rockets with a BB super glued to the primer. Impact sets it off. .410 shot shells are great for this.
    GramPa sez, "If you gonna do sumthin' stoopid, Do sumthin' REAL stoopid!":D

15. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Ah, GramPa is clearly a man after my own heart! :)

I shall have a look at this interesting possibility :) Thank you

16. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Your heart is not what he would have been after!;)

17. Aussie_Al

Aussie_Al Banned

I have not seen this topic before today.

Ah the possibilities are endless; says he a demo guy in the army among many other skills.

Have you tried, or can you get, real detonators; as they go off with a real bang.
    Often you used to be able to steal them from railway tracks, where they are used, as signals trains have run.

Just do NOT carry them in your front trouser pocket; unless you potentially want some serious damage to parts you'd rather not have have blast damage to. If you get my drift, particularly as a guy.

Cheers Allan

18. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Exactly.

19. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Huh? I don't watch it, it just sounded familiar, (Atatl, crazy guy what else would it be)