Show off your Country

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Schultz, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Hi people, I find it very interesting to see foreign Country´s.
    So I just start to add a short Video where I show you my Home (Germany, the border from North Rhine-Westphalia to Lower Saxony, near Osnabrück and Minden.),
    and it would be nice if you Guys show us also your Country.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuAXd2GpAw8[/ame]

I start in the Winter with some Dears on the Field, my selfmade Snowboard (made from an old Skateboard), and my Kyte. Unfortunately, last year the Lakes were not frozen over enough so that I can´t drive with my Kite and Ice skates, but Updates comming soon when the autumn Storms start ;)
    And at least the Woods in the Summer, and the Land from above.

I Hope you like it and it would be glad if you upload also Pics or Videos, from your Country's.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Need some time for filming and editing!!!

3. Schultz

Schultz New Member

I´am really looking forward to your Video my Friend ;)
    What I've seen from your Country is just Beautiful :D

4. Thank you for sharing your native Country!

Joe

5. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

Great idea Schultz !!! my country has deserts, highlands, mountains, wet forrest, glaciers, volcanoes all type of landscapes but where I live is mostly desert, like baja california, the only fancy thing where I live are wild beaches with dolphins ... as you see no forks LOL !
    Cheers
    Arturo

Attached Files:

6. Thank you Arturo " The happy Shooter " for the beautyful Pictures from your native Country!

Joe

7. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

nice vid and nice pics arturo!! if i find my portable harddisk i can post some pics, i mostly have kiting pics from the beach and some from the fields nearby but i might find some suprises...

8. Arturo Borquez

@Schultz ... nice video from Germany ! and nice kite ... in the summer comes some wild young people to do some surfing and kitting the waves, incredible aerobatics, nice to watch ! ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

9. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Thank you myFriends :cool:
    Incredible! Definitely a Country where I want to take a Vacation! :D
    The Beach and Hills looks really Beautiful and my Girlfriend loves Dolphins. ;)
    But I have to say that too many trees are also not good. I have for example not many free space for Kiting and then usually only Fields. :mad:
    A very big Thank you, for Uploading this Nice Pictures! And I´am looking forward to your Kiting Pics Onnod :D

10. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

This thread is a very nice idea Schultz! Great video!
    Hey Arturo, you are living on a very nice place on this planet. Dolphins, beaches, slingshots, playing cards, bottletops and a glass of red wine - what else do you need!
    These are a couple of pics I took on biketrips around my hometown:

Attached Files:

11. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

Hey guys, the best way i can show you where I live is by a documentary made last year.( Please don't consider this as spam or advertising or any nonsense like that). It shows many good and embarrassing aspects of the island I live on so if you have time to spare and have nothing to do while sanding a slingshot :p have a look, they are 7 videos of 20 min each. It is a good watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thaeqsu4T5I&list=PLtnFedOxx_2Q31OMPN-zragr_Wop3g58Z

12. Thank you flicks for sharing this beautiful pics from your native country !

Joe

13. Thank you Sadderath for sharing this great Video from your Country!

Ioe

14. onnod

well i found my hard-disk, and as expected almost 99% of all photos were me or my brother jumping and flying with our stuntkites, i just absolutely love to do that :D

i've managed to filter out some hidden treasures tho, a very nice evening in the dunes for instance.

PS. The Netherlands consist of a lot more than just dunes , beaches and forests, i just take a lot of pictures there ;)

PPS. almost all of these photos are taken on the island vlieland, only the first, sixth and seventh are taken in my area ;)

Attached Files:

15. Thank you onnod for sharing this beatyful pic's from your native Country!

Joe

16. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Thank you for uploading this beautiful Pictures, my Friends! :D
    The part from North Rhine-Westphalia and the Netherlands are beautiful, but Greece is my Favorite, just Amazing :)
    Although Holland is of course perfect for Kiting ;)

What a Kite you Fly @ Onnod?
    I have a Elliot, Magma 3.0 without Lift, but Powerfull enough to Pull Skates, Buggys or Boards.
    But I buy me one Times a Big one, with Lift what can Start into the Water.
    Like this --> [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnU75Ik9BhI[/ame]

17. onnod

the big kite is a radsails aztec 2.0, powerfull enough to pull you up on good days. i also fly a lot of homemade stuf, like my 3 m. long black-and-green revolution and many others my dad used to make a lot of them when he was in college, but me and my brother added the big kites :D

18. Schultz

Schultz New Member

That sounds Great that your Father can build Kites, and I´am sure you have often Strong Winds :D
    Last Summer I make 2 Days Holiday on the North Sea to try my Kite, and the Wind was really Crazy. On my Place are usually not so Strong Winds but it's enough to get Pulled.

19. Arturo Borquez

@Schultz ... great kitting video, in the 70's I practised delta-wings until an accident, I've smashed a rock wall precipice in the mountain flying orographic lifting, fortunately I felt few meters down on a scrub that cushioned the shock but my rescue lasted 10 hours LOL ! ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

20. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Thats sound great that you Fly with Delta wings :D
    And a Happiness that you have survived intact!
    Have you also Pics from your Delta Wings? that would be great! ;)