Show of you catch boxes

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by rock slinger, Aug 31, 2013.

1. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Show off your catch boxes

Here is mine. Make sure to post yours. I though it would be cool to see a bunch all at once. I am also planing to make a larger one and move my current one in the basement.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  2. rock slinger

Oops that is my chickens(yummy).here it is.

Attached Files:

3. rock slinger

Camo

Attached Files:

4. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Honestly you wouldn't want to see mine, it's just a cardboard box stuffed with a beach towel and funny drawings as a target stuck on with 3m super 77. ugly as hell but effective unless I miss badly, my shop door is dinged up a bit.

5. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

HERE is my catchbox.

6. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

my catchbox can be seen here:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MYRR8QXVPQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MYRR8QXVPQ[/ame]

7. rock slinger

Onnod, how did you build that fabric bag, is it a pillow case?

8. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Glad you clarified the chicken coup wasn't your catch box - I was thinking that wasn't very sporting! :p

9. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

just an old T-shirt, i put knots in the sleeves and neck opening

10. jakobkurt32

jakobkurt32 Member

I used jörgs new design! And it's awesome!!!!!! And super quiet! And the balls just fall out into a container at the bottom. :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  11. rock slinger

Very nice guys, but I know ther is more please post.

12. Alukuchen

Alukuchen Senior Member

I guess I have already posted this 100 times on the forum but here once more, my catch box :D
    By the way great catch boxes you made there, guys! Couldn't do it better! :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9oRiimVrk0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9oRiimVrk0[/ame]

13. CEZ

CEZ New Member

Here's mine, I had some problems with fliers so I built one to compensate for that, it's 180x90cm big. I really like that I don't have to aim down too.
    There's a coconut in there that I have shot with the monster slingshot.

Attached Files:

14. CEZ

CEZ New Member

That is a great catchbox, I'm actually looking for a way to make mine a bit more quiet, what material did you use for yours? Is that rubber or carpet?

15. HandForged13

HandForged13 New Member

Most of the time I shoot stones, so I don't need a catchbox, But when I do, I just hang up an old bedsheet behind my target. Saves ammo and is very large, so not easy to miss.

16. jakobkurt32

jakobkurt32 Member

Thanks cez! It's the same rubber as Jörg Used. 10mm thick rubber on eBay. But to be honest unless your using really heavy ammo, 7-8mm thick would probably be better. The 10mm steels sometimes struggle too get through mine, that's why I cut the strips so thin. Just search rubber matting on eBay.

17. bigjim

bigjim New Member

I use this in my living room . It is a paperbox and a towel . I am shooting with 6mm wooden balls
    or with nuts or beans and it works pretty well .And no damages in my room .

Attached Files:

18. pelleteer

pelleteer Middle Aged Delinquent

That's a heck of a shooting gallery you've got there. :cool: I was working on a new catch box a couple months ago, but I got sidetracked. This is the inspiration I needed to get back on it.

19. rock slinger

Made my outdoor catch box. Mental frame with easily remove able sheet and large box to catch ammo. This is better then my first, but it is a little noisy.

Attached Files:

20. Peterburban

Peterburban New Member

Mental frame?
    Sounds crazy to me :D