The Slingshot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
I rarely shoot rocks!
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Show off your catch boxes

Here is mine. Make sure to post yours. I though it would be cool to see a bunch all at once. I am also planing to make a larger one and move my current one in the basement.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,613 Posts
Honestly you wouldn't want to see mine, it's just a cardboard box stuffed with a beach towel and funny drawings as a target stuck on with 3m super 77. ugly as hell but effective unless I miss badly, my shop door is dinged up a bit.

·
Im from Holland, isnt that weird?
6,001 Posts
my catchbox can be seen here:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MYRR8QXVPQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MYRR8QXVPQ[/ame]

·
aka Whitehawk!
4,700 Posts
Here is mine. Make sure to post yours. I though it would be cool to see a bunch all at once. I am also planing to make a larger one and move my current one in the basement.
Glad you clarified the chicken coup wasn't your catch box - I was thinking that wasn't very sporting! :p

·
Registered
934 Posts
Here's mine, I had some problems with fliers so I built one to compensate for that, it's 180x90cm big. I really like that I don't have to aim down too.
There's a coconut in there that I have shot with the monster slingshot.

Attachments

·
Registered
934 Posts
I used jörgs new design! And it's awesome!!!!!! And super quiet! And the balls just fall out into a container at the bottom. :D
That is a great catchbox, I'm actually looking for a way to make mine a bit more quiet, what material did you use for yours? Is that rubber or carpet?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Most of the time I shoot stones, so I don't need a catchbox, But when I do, I just hang up an old bedsheet behind my target. Saves ammo and is very large, so not easy to miss.

·
83 Posts
That is a great catchbox, I'm actually looking for a way to make mine a bit more quiet, what material did you use for yours? Is that rubber or carpet?
Thanks cez! It's the same rubber as Jörg Used. 10mm thick rubber on eBay. But to be honest unless your using really heavy ammo, 7-8mm thick would probably be better. The 10mm steels sometimes struggle too get through mine, that's why I cut the strips so thin. Just search rubber matting on eBay.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use this in my living room . It is a paperbox and a towel . I am shooting with 6mm wooden balls
or with nuts or beans and it works pretty well .And no damages in my room .

Attachments

·
Middle Aged Delinquent
546 Posts
That's a heck of a shooting gallery you've got there. :cool: I was working on a new catch box a couple months ago, but I got sidetracked. This is the inspiration I needed to get back on it.

·
I rarely shoot rocks!
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Made my outdoor catch box. Mental frame with easily remove able sheet and large box to catch ammo. This is better then my first, but it is a little noisy.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts