Shout Out from Texas! Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by MattAwsum, Sep 29, 2013.

1. MattAwsum

MattAwsum New Member

I'm Matt from Texas (about an hour south of Dallas) and my wife and I love learning how to use homemade and non-mainstream weapons like blow guns, cross-bows, throwing knives, and we we're excited to discover the power of rubber when we stumbled across Joerg's channel.

I'll admit I used to think of Dennis the Menace and little toys when anyone mentioned slingshots before, but after seeing the incredible variety, versatility, and lethal power displayed on the slingshot channel, I have a new found respect for slingshots.

I'm saving up to get some tools to build a sling bow, but until then I'm practicing with a store bought slingshot. Anyway, it's great to be here! Can't wait to be apart of this awesome community of slingshot fans!

2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Bem vindo! Enjoy the forum. Beware of the pranks!

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Welcome Matt! It's a great place to hang out, to learn and to share your slingshot creations. I imagine coming from Texas, where everything is bigger, you should come up with some crazy slingshot creations!

4. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I get to use my welcome that someone new style bit from me...welcome to the loonie bin! Been a while since I got to use my own greeting, felt good.

5. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Welcome to SSC! While you're waiting on the funding to get into slingbow making, you could get into indoor target-shooting with a blowgun and a small slingshot (shooting BB's) without breaking the bank too bad.

6. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hi and welcome from Belgium.

7. MattAwsum

MattAwsum New Member

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone! Yeah, Lacumo, I have a few nice homemade blowguns ranging from 3 to 7 ft that cost less than $10(USD) each to make and they're very accurate. Lots of fun! Thanks for the suggestion.

And yes, etrain16, I see Texas sized creations in the near future, hahaha!

8. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Welcome to the forum Matt