Shooting snow balls. Hard.

Discussion in 'The latest one!' started by JoergS, Jan 26, 2014.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n0kXj98ZaI[/ame]

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Looks like you really had fun on this video!

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Fun video Joerg! I was thinking a higher fork would be necessary to shoot a large projectile like this, obviously that's not the case. Very cool. And that laugh, infectious :)

I was wondering, just for the sake of comparison, what would the MPS/FPS be for a thrown snowball? Big guy like yourself, it would be curious to know if the slingshot is hitting harder than you can throw.

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^great question! ^

5. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Nice video. Would be an iceball to heavy for this slingshot?
    The car door will get minimum of a dent.

6. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

That would certainly leave a mark.

Lucky I had never thought of this as a kid, there would have been some crybabies exposed for sure.;)

7. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

Do not show this to your mothers!

8. Haecksler

Haecksler Naturalist

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Do you think you could also shoot a water bomb (a balloon filled with water, not those things to hunt submarines...) with such a pouch? My colleague and i worked on something to launch them last summer, but the results weren't so good :D

Greetings, Haecksler!
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->

9. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Like many Germans, I am a very bad thrower. Baseball isn't a big sport here, so we never learn proper pitching. Our school sport is mostly running, soccer, a bit of everything else. So I would not be able to throw that snow ball very far at all. I throw like a girl, really. Never learned how it is done.

I guess a really good thrower could get to about the same distance - after all, it is all direct muscle energy, none of it is accumulated and stored. Means, a trained baseball pitcher would probably outclass me. But a 48 yr old? I think I'd stand a good chance.

In terms of accuracy, I think I'd win every time.

10. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

I have a Rambone, I have an old pair of jeans and we have snow forecast for next week.....the neighbours kids won't win this snowball fight! ;)

Cool video (literally!) and I like Withaks question too!

11. PaulPawx3

PaulPawx3 Member

Jorg, love the video and as always your excitement and as Hawk called it infectious laugh are always worth taking the time to watch. I just have to say, I am glad it is snowing in Germany and not Alabama :D Nobody asked, but the dog I carved that is in my avatar picture I named her Forky in honor of the forum;)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  12. Catamantaloedis

Catamantaloedis Junior Member

I'm a bit jealous about the snow. Here at lake of constance snow is rare thing and it never lasts long if it happens. I have a friend who has a three man slingshot. I believe THIS would be fun with snowballs :cool:

13. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

That must make for interesting snowball fights in Germany :) I'd still like to see the results though, even if you don't want to post the actual throw on video ;) It only has to go straight for the length of the sensors on the Chrony :)

I'll be sure to challenge some kids to a snowball fight in Germany if I ever get there, maybe I'll win! Of course they'll probably just kick a soccer ball (football) sized snowball in my face instead :eek:

14. coyote-1

coyote-1 Member

HA HA HA HA HA. lol

I'm wondering if it would be easier with paracord behind the pouch, so your hand isn't crushing the snowball. The cleaner release might result in more speed. That might also help with water balloons.

15. Ghost13

Ghost13 New Member

Great video! Looks fun!

16. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Hey Jörg,

you just gave me ONE positive aspect to look forward to snowfall..

But there´s SO MANY others; Living in a small town, where to avoid
    being sued for the broken "Omma" that slipped on the pavement is a
    serious threat.. So one goes out there to exercise by shoveling snow..

thanks for that positive video,
    best regards,

Be