The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
SINdustrial designer
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

It is time to post a template. It's a bit of a new stuff, since I usually do not make templates but I was receiving some PM about the TenTon Hammer design and decided to spare some time to create an exciting template to you.

General Info | Seljan - TenTonHammer v.1.1.

• OTT Over The Top band attachment
  • TTF Through The Fork band attachment with aiming dimple
  • Loop Tube (Dankung) attachment with secondary aiming dimple, including position grooves
  • Single Tube TTF mount including position grooves
  • Ball in Tube mount method
  • Lanyard hole
  • Currently there is no clip attachment
  • Fork Width: (4") 100mm, Fork Gap: (2") 50mm, Overall Height: (5,8") 148mm, ForkTip Thickness: (3/4") 20mm, Maximum Overall Thickness (Side Width): (1,57") 40mm, OTT: (1") 25mm, TTF (1-3/8") 30mm, Loop Hole Diameter: (5/16") 8mm

So, what you find inside this single PDF (these functions are working only with desktop-notebook computers and when opened within Adobe Reader NOT displayed in browser)

• an STL attachment as a downloadable from the file directly (offline), that's free. You can print it on home 3D printers.
  • an interactive 3D preview - rotate, zoom and even cross section views to help your DIY builds
  • hand size reference sheets - compare your hand size and you can make changes on the template if it's too small or large. Just save time and material. Check first - build when you're sure it fits
  • Slice templates in 3mm steps - You can skip slices and get to 6mm, 9mm, 12 mm. So 3mm seems to me a good generic unit for slice templates
  • optional outlines for OTT and larger handle
  • 3D turntable link to Youtube

Download TenTon Hammer's PDF pack here

Feedback appreciated :)

Have a nice day,
Tremo

·
Administrator
10,888 Posts
Nice. Not many new templates around these days. I am considering an idea that might change that...more to follow.

·
122 Posts
I love the design. If anyone can print an extra I would be really interested in an exchange I've got a lot of good stuff for trade. Pm me or what not

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Yes i like it to,no wait i love it. Looks reaaaaly cool. Your designs are allways an eyecatcher....i started a new hammergripslingshot based on yours....keep on the good working on new designs...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
And btw. Is there any template for the versa ott design you build...?

·
SINdustrial designer
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for sharing, Mark!

Darren
Thank you very much Darren! Hope you can more time for your awesome builds!

Nice. Not many new templates around these days. I am considering an idea that might change that...more to follow.
Thanks for stopping by! There are great templates but slingshots are evolving. I'm more than happy if you have some new ideas to share!

I love the design. If anyone can print an extra I would be really interested in an exchange I've got a lot of good stuff for trade. Pm me or what not
Thanks NW! Calinb & SteveC might give this a try in 3D printing. Cal is moving as far as I know, but maybe he will visit the thread.

Yes i like it to,no wait i love it. Looks reaaaaly cool. Your designs are allways an eyecatcher....i started a new hammergripslingshot based on yours....keep on the good working on new designs...
And btw. Is there any template for the versa ott design you build...?
DeranNdy my friend, I hope this pdf can help you on your project. There is no Vesa template and I want to move that project forward but it takes time. Have you checked Toddy', Mule design? He has a template at ComForum. Mule is pretty close to the Vesa and you can compare it to the Vesa gallery image. Let us know how your hammer project moves!

Thank you for sharing!
You're welcome! Thanks for your comment!

------------------
Have a nice day & shoot a lot,
Tremo

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
This design has a 'General Motors' look to it: Angular yet conforming. Well done!

-Wild Bill

·
122 Posts
Tremside - I like the design a lot. I drew up a design a while ago with a grip that looks a lil like that. I'm gonna complete that project. It's good of you to put that design out for people.

·
SINdustrial designer
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This design has a 'General Motors' look to it: Angular yet conforming. Well done!

-Wild Bill
Thansk a lot Friend! Hope you're doing well! I'm missing those songs :)

Tremside - I like the design a lot. I drew up a design a while ago with a grip that looks a lil like that. I'm gonna complete that project. It's good of you to put that design out for people.
Hi NW! I have no problem with that. Go ahead! Build, share, create and enjoy this sport!

·
SINdustrial designer
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks good. We're you the one designing the slingbow? How's that comin?
Thank you mate!

My best advice is to subscribe to SimpleShot and I'm sure you will be updated when it will be officially announced. I'm just one person in a whole team, we are all excited.

Thank you for your understanding!
Mark

·
Gardner
703 Posts
Ok thanks for the info, I'm sure it will turn out great! No rush here, I'd rather wait longer for an even better product and it sounds like you guys are on top of it. Good luck Sir

·
Registered
494 Posts
looking very nice.
Downloading the pdf for sure.
Lots of band sets possible is awsome for testing !

Thx

·
SINdustrial designer
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Titus,

Sorry for the delay. End of the year is pretty much a spin all fronts.

The nylon material is quite reliable, but since it is a pure nylon and printed it's strength is little less than a thermoplastic nylon (or nylon for cutting boards for e.g.) the particular 3D print is fine for target shooting with small ammo 3/8" and 8mm. However it's not advised for learning. Not a friend of frequent forkhits.

The template is available at my website so if you're hesitating you can build it for yourself. I've seen a couple variations on this frame. The original concept was to create a minimalist hammergrip style slingshot. If it's not a goal the handle may be widened.

If you know Stefan "The Core" on the forum(s) you can pick up some ideas about modification of the TenTon. DerAndy also used it for inspiration as I remember.

Hope this info helps, just drop me an email if you need more.

Cheers,
Mark

1 - 20 of 21 Posts