Scout Slingshot Test + Security Glasses Test + Homemade Big Blast Caps

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Drdomingas, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Drdomingas

Drdomingas Newbie

Hello everyone again, some weeks ago I received my new Scout Slingshot which I'm in love with. It's so comfortable in my hand and so stable :D.

My dad and I got another old tv that was waiting to be destroyed, and we did so!

We used the Scout banded with slightly tappered butterfly TBG (which is lasting reeeeally long!) with 12mm steel balls and some screws with their hex nuts. Also we used our compressed air gun which shoots 5.5mm pellets (equals to a .22 cal) with two different kinds of Gamo ammo (G-Hammer, big impact but small penetration and Magnum, really good penetration with small impact).

After that we tested some security glasses which turned out to be pretty secure to my surprise! Take a look!

We also made some homemade Big Blast Caps, fastly explained on the video: you just need a snap-in-tire valve like this. Then get a soda bottle (better if it's from a carbonated drink because they have stronger caps and plastic), make a hole in the cap (with a drill) slightly smaller than the valve and put it in. Then blow in some air, just a little bit less than when the cap starts loosing it. After that, just shoot at it (probably need to use an air gun or similar).

After this long explanation, here's the video! : https://youtu.be/L-KWaM-v1ns

[youtube]L-KWaM-v1ns[/youtube]

If there's any question I will answer as soon as I can :D

2. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

Awesome video man.

3. PimpW

PimpW New Member

Be carefull i beleve that the tv tube contain some nasty gas. Nice shooting

4. Bone

Bone Slingshot Shooters

Awesome use of electronics!!!

5. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Love. It. I could watch it over and over.

6. Drdomingas

Drdomingas Newbie

They do, it was a crt tv, but no problem with that!

7. BigHands

BigHands Member

Just be careful with fork hits with the scout it is made of a compound that chips easily leaving nasty sharp bits, they can be sanded though if needed. The instructions that come with scout say discard if you hit the forks! But mines fine

8. Drdomingas

Drdomingas Newbie

That has happened to my Torque, but yeah, sanding it carefully makes it look new again!

9. BigHands

BigHands Member

Maybe not the best idea making a slingshot out of a material that contains glass and shatters?! when everyone else makes them out of super tough stuff.
    I did raise this with the manufacturer but they were having none of it!
    I'm waiting for a multiplex scout copy I have on order so that should do the trick. Happy shooting ;-)

10. scout2

scout2 New Member

when i try to shoot the scout gen 2 in ttf i get fork hit every time in over the top it works just fine never had a fork hit with over the top what am i doing wrong any suggestions

11. RickOchet

RickOchet Member

In order to strike the fork the projectile isn't going through the centre of the forks! That's the obvious bit.
    Imagine revving a motorbike and see how that affects your projectiles potential to pass through. If your holding the catty fine it could be you are not pulling the bands back parallel. Again try moving your anchor point up and down and see how that affects things. With safety glasses etc obviously!