Save us Jörg!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tubes, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Tubes

Tubes weird kid in the corner

Unimaginably, the Wikipedia page for slingshots is (relatively) short! :( Slingshoters........UNITE!!!

2. Tubes

That was a joke, please don't think I'm crazy. (it is really short though)

3. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I once tried to edit it, but these days that is no easy task. Your changes are nullified in no time. You have to be a long term wikipedia editor with lots of experience, but also supporters and followers to change a major article in a way that the changes stick.

4. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Wikipedia used to get a bad rap from the college community because it was easy for anyone to change and intentionally mess up for fun (which I guess was was common? Sigh) and so you couldn't cite Wikipedia as they weren't considered a credible source of information. Now instead of anyone being able to change things practically no one can. And they're still not considered a viable source. Just one of those things

5. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

This board is going to be the best source of information, so stay active and read/reply/and ask questions!

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Fine words of wisdom.

7. Tubes

All granted. Wikipedia has had its ups and downs. personally, I'm not really sure where it's at quite about now. But yes, Angelic, I believe that the board would be the best source of information at this point.

8. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Wikipedia is good for getting an overview, if you really want to do research, check the sources listed on the wiki-page.