Safety indoor ammo

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Neidzwiedz, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Neidzwiedz

Neidzwiedz New Member

I have come up with a cheap easy source of indoor safety ammo for winter. I took a small piece of paper towel and wrapped it in aluminum foil. Attached is a photo of a 16mm & 20mm ball along with my pocket plinker.

Attached Files:

2. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

I have tried but u need a lot for it to work /:

J

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I use plain foil to make 10mm balls and shoot them at my electric dart board, a whole new way to play cricket.:)

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^:D
    Ha, that's a good idea!
    I don't shoot in the house, even with safe indoor ammo, I would certainly break something expensive (like a window) somehow! This is a really good idea though, it would be fun!

5. greenevegiebeast

greenevegiebeast New Member

Last time I shot indoors my wife threatened murder. Ans as they say dynamite comes in small packages.

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

No doubt! my dart board is in the shop and in the shop I am king!:D

7. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

I shoot dried peas inside, they work great!

8. HandForged13

HandForged13 New Member

Foil seems like a great idea! But for know, I stick to shooting expired paintballs for my shotgun. They are great because I have a little catch box for the spray and they don't ricochet. Ever. Since they are the balls that I left out side, they have little irregularities that make them somewhat inaccurate, but if I am shooting for accuracy I can always go out side. By the way, playing paintball with slingshots really isn't fun... If you use powerful slingshots, you might as well stab yourself in the arm! :)

9. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

I'm afraid I don't like to shoot anything less than M10 hexnuts and have a love of large lumps of lead. Unfortunately almost all my shooting has to be indoors, living in a town centre apartment. The long corridor gives me a little over 10 metres and if I stand back in the living room I can squeeze a few metres more. Despite backstops of plywood and composite board, hanging blankets and targets fixed to cardboard cartons stuffed with sheets of cardboard, telephone directories and folded newspaper, the far end of the corridor looks like a battle scene from Bhagdad and we shall have to get the wall replastered. Once we've got that done we'll try stacking lots of hay bales against the wall. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just the slingshots as the loose and heavy hanging blankets are great for slowing down and catching even serious lead. But it's the arrows that rip everything to shreds and do the most damage.
    I'm a better shot now than when I started this a year ago...I haven't destroyed a light fitting for months or shattered an ornament (well we packed them away). But, as I am constantly experimenting with new designs, the odd flier is inevitable . I reckon the convenience is worth the damage :)

10. greenevegiebeast

I'm having to update my catch box. I've been shooting through my curent one. I'm goung through 4layers of card board and 4inches of foam with a standard band wrist rocket. . I'm adding 30lb of cat litter inside. I reuse my ammo as much as possible. Finding it in the cat litter might be fun......

11. greenevegiebeast

Oh and I live in a college town. My nabors prefer I shoot a sling, to me praticing tuba (yes I play tuba) at 6am.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013