Safety Equipment

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Markatrog, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Markatrog

Markatrog Member

I am still a rookie at this and my fingers show it. I love shooting but the cost can some times be painful. I call them happy hurst on the mountain bike and to reduce the pain and increase the fun i wear pads on my body. It seems like most sports that involve danger have protective gear. Right now i am using Plastic pipe to cover the happy hurts on fingers. I would buy a slingshot glove in a heartbeat if i could. Wish i was smart enough to design a glove that would protect the grip hand front and rear. Something light weight but built proof in the wright places. I just watched the guy shoot the bottle caps and the legnth of the bands seem to help with the return slap, looked like they fell away fro his hands. Are longer bands safe for back slap, but is it easier for front hits? Thanks for any ideas.

2. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Motorbike gloves work well. Kevlar is lightweight and ridicuously strong.

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Two words...Mechanixwear Impact! Around 20USD, light, strong, padded with rubber impact zones. Much more comfortable than motorcycle gloves, at least more comfortable than my astars GP gloves.

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I've got a pretty tough set of meathooks, courtesy of my job, so gloves aren't usually an issue. You might also consider a golf glove too. They allow excellent feel and will take most of the slap out of band hits

5. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

So, Will, is this your way of telling him to get a real job?

-Wild Bill

6. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

You've mentioned these before and I never looked at them. Just had a little Google and they look just the job. Nice recommendation!

7. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Golf glove would only help against bandslap, wouldn't do much against hand hits. I use something like the Mechanixwear Impact for my slingshooting and scooting. Nice grip with good abrasion protection, excellent impact protection over back of the hand.

8. Markatrog

Markatrog Member

Been a blue collet worker all my life, made every dollar with my hands, raised 5 kids, and loved my wife with theses hands, praised The Lord, and been a sinner with these hands, built and tore down house with these hands, petted many dogs and shook many hands. Heck, will keep shoot cans and raising hell with these hands, with a shield, ha. Sorry I got carried away.but sure most of you can relate.

9. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

You dont keed a special glove, just slap on some construction gloves u buy cheap and practice .. the guy you were talking about doesnt need any glives coz he makes a flip with his hand and all sorts of other cool techniques which togeher with proper band strength to ammo weight ratio eliminate any band slaps or hand hits or whatever..... I think. xD

10. Markatrog

Markatrog Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Covered up nice grain O well.

11. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

(I agree with JK, but impact gloves are really nice for hand hits)