Sacred Paws (for Thistle)...

Discussion in 'Conventional slingshots' started by Thistle, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Hi guys! More slingshot art for your enjoyment.

From Mr Flicks, a very talented and respected member of our Forum, I present to you (drum roll, please)… Sacred Paws...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had written a descriptive review, as only the pesky little Thistle knows how, :p but I decided at the last minute to just scrap all that. Words sometimes get in the way of beautiful artistic expression. In this case, I decided to let a few photos speak for themselves this time.

I will say this, there is quite a bit happening with these trailing paws. I truly could not capture any of the magical loveliness with my camera skills -- such as they are (sorry). My inadequate attempt as an unskilled photographer really does not do this lovely slingshot justice. I really tried. It is as if Sacred Paws really is sprinkled with a touch of pixie dust magic. She needs an Old World Antraxian to unlock the wonderment I think.

The frame, of course, is oak board, top-slot attachment (yay!), and the signature inlay is of some sort of 'mystical' polymer material. The crafty little faeries in Flicks' studio is not revealing any of his Otherworldly secrets. The Maker's Mark, an inspired stylistic paw and a Flicks original that you've already seen, is made of brass.

Note: There is also another slingshot, a special gift from my mom, which I will post and present in just a few days. Similar theme, different artist, different artistic expression, very different medium. I firstwanted you to enjoy the beauty and charm of Sacred Paws before I presented my other awesome surprise.

[​IMG] My sincere heartfelt thanks to Mr Flicks for sharing his much-admired skills, enthusiasm, and his gracious generosity.

I sincerely hope you enjoy. Please feel free to ask any questions you like.

Thank you, [​IMG]
    Thistle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Nice fingernails!!!!!
    And slingshot too!

3. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Ha, ha. Leave it to a guy to notice the nails first. Slingshot second! That wasn't my idea. [​IMG]

4. Brazilviking

Mind if I ask.... And forgive me if I'm wrong...... That dog on the pictures.... Is he gone?:(

5. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Amazing!
    Really Beautiful and Perfect Work :D
    The Wolf paws are really Nice and the Bag fits Perfectly ;)
    1+ and I'm looking forward to the Slingshot of your Mum!

6. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Yes, that one is no longer with me. He was a great Weimaraner!

7. Brazilviking

Sad....dogs are so good in essence.... So they don't have to live too much to acomplish their missions on earth.
    They give us lots of happiness when we are together. And lots of sadness when they leave.

8. Congratulation

Nice and great slingshot for a Dog lover with this Paw taps!

Amazing Work from Mr. Flicks!

Your Fingernails are nicely varnished! :D

Nice Decoration arround the Slingshot!

Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2013
  9. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Wow!! This is just beautiful!
    I really love oak. The grain is straight and strong, it always seems to have a magical glow, and the smell when working with it always evokes campfires and good times!
    This is a very special gift, and obviously crafted with much care. The inlay work is just amazing. Adjectives fail me. I do think you are too hard on yourself over your photography skills too, Thistle. These are well-composed and lovingly captured, what else can you ask of a photo?
    Thank you for sharing this and I hope you enjoy it!
    Oh...I love the name too! And there is an excellent finish on your nails as well :D

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  10. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

That is Awesome!

11. Weimaraner are beautiful Hunting Dogs!

Short hair!

Powerful!

Joe

12. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Wow Thistle, thank you for presenting the little Slingshot and for your kind words.
    I am so glad that you like it! :)
    Don’t worry about your photos. The pictures you’ve made are really great!
    In fact the intention was to say THANK YOU for your ongoing nice and encouraging post which are really appreciated.
    Oh and I have to agree with Brazilviking, Drachentöter and Will – What a nice nail design!!! Congrats to your naildesigner to attract attention in a slingshotforum. I think if we post pictures of our shooters in a naildesign-forum, we won’t raise a cheer. :D

13. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

FLICKS IS GREAT, he does incredible inlays congrats Thistle !!! and of course happy shooting !!!
    PS: and that paws goes perfect with your nails artwork ... ha ha flicks has ESP LOL !
    Cheers
    Arturo

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  14. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Will is right.

Your composition is great and your arrangement skills show great artistic flair.

Thanks for showing us these.

15. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Thank you, Shultz. Mr Flicks also provided the cool Jack Wolfskin pouch and some steel ammo. Wilderness chic for the wolf girl! [​IMG]
    I agree Brazilviking. It takes a special person to recognize all of the wonderful qualities in our four-legged pals. Protectors. Work partners. Friendship… They ask so little of us. Our vets here in the states are waking up to the fact that their 'annual' vaccination program is unhealthy. It causes illness and shortened lifespans. Weimaraners are especially sensitive to over-vaccination.
    Thank you, Drachentoeter! I was told by the Strategic International Sisterhood that wacky nail varnish helps improve accuracy. [​IMG]
    You say the nicest things, Will. The oak is beautiful! Feels silky smooth and provides such warm character. A sharp contrast to all the metal I have. The beautiful inlay... I have no words for. I only wish you could see the silvery sparkling sheen. The colors of this inlay seems to react to light. It never wants to stay the same. It has a life of its own. When Mr Flicks showed me his photo, the paw tracks were a pale grayish green -- sage, celadon, laurel..., with flecks of coral, brown, and grey marbling. It looked almost opalescent to me. The serene paw tracks reminded me of trailing ivy on a sunlit morning. That's what I meant when I said I couldn't capture any of the cool factor of this charming little slingshot. Studio shop faeries indeed!

Yes, the name is very appropriate. The canine family has been with us throughout ancient history. Very special creatures. One of my grandmothers is also Cherokee wolf clan. We honour our canine family!
    Your craftsmanship is pretty awesome too! Thank you, Saderath.
    Drachentoeter, you have described this magnificent German breed well. But you forgot one item. They are super intelligent! I adore this breed. It's probably difficult to tell this about me.
    [​IMG]
    I love it, Flicks! Had I know my nails would attract this much positive feedback on a slingshot forum, I would've gotten a little more crazy with the psychedelic colors! Laughing… [​IMG]

Nail varnish for the guys probably won't create much cheering, but it certainly might raise a few attentive eyebrows.
    [​IMG]
    Thank you, Señor Borquez! I think it's those little magical faeries that Flicks has helping him in his studio. They seem to have eyes and ears everywhere, laughing… Happy shooting to you as well Mr Card cutter! Woo-hoo!
    Thank you for the nice compliments. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Mike!

16. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Thank you very much for your kind words on Sacred Paws. All the credit is due to Thistle and her Weimeraner friend for their inspiration and...hey, who else could present a simple boardcut in such a nice and tasteful way? :)

17. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Ha, Flicks! Simple board-cut to you perhaps. You are so lucky that I am clueless with a camera.
    Arturo's first card cut was with the Flicks "Chilean Butterfly."

Not only is Sacred Paws full of charm, but this "simple little board-cut" shoots like a dream too.

It's a lovely slingshot. The camera was honest. And it was such an honour to receive this from you. Gaelen is just happy he gets to do more cool stuff out in the desert.
    [​IMG]

18. Courier

Courier Senior Member

It would take too long to write down all the positive words that describe this slingshot.
    So let me sum it up in a few sentences.
    This is a very beautiful slingshot. These "inlays" take the designing of slingshots to a completely new level!
    How we can see at this example, a "boardcut" becomes a wonderful slingshot by adding these awesome inlays.
    To make it short, flicks does a great job!! And the presentation by Thistle is also stunning.
    Please keep up the amazing work. :)

19. Thistle you are right that Weimaraner are super Intelligemt.

They are also a little bit cheeky!

Nice to hear that your Slingshot is: Not only is Sacred Paws full of charm, but this "simple little board-cut" shoots like a dream too.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2013
  20. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

That slingshot is beautiful! I really like the bag too. Lucky you, you got a slingshot from one of my fav slingshot artist and i wish you a lot of fun shootin' with it. I agree with the others about the pictures they are great. Greetzzz, Red.
    PS: I forgot, great art work on your nails too ;)