Run, Jörg, Run! (Rockets, a Launcher, and Fun)

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by JoergS, Jan 1, 2014.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Dec. 31st, afternoon:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7H17KibVA[/ame]

A few hours later (after dark):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh3cr_mfrnI[/ame]

2. Plan on using one as a distraction in your movie? That will most probably make anything near by take a look lol.

3. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Mein lieber Scholli!

Herzliche Dank für DIESEN Start ins Jahr 2014!

Herzlich schallend gelacht haben wir, noch im
    Bett liegend, mit dem Handie in der Hand!

Surface-to-surface kann was ;)

Danke!

Happy new Year!

4. Schultz

Schultz New Member

The start was good, but I do not find it funny that you shoot them without any control over the Direction...
    Once again a "really good role model"...

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Well, I said several times "Don't do it at home". Why do people always think I want to be a role model? That is not the case. I want to entertain people with stunts and inventions.

The stunt part is dangerous by nature. Playing it safe is boring. I leave those videos to others.

6. Schultz

Schultz New Member

I think just, that with the fame also comes responsibility.
    One Year Ago I found your Videos, because I search Slingshots on Youtube and have no Idea who you are, but now after many TV Shows and Interviews on Newspapers, many People know you.
    When I remember me back, what me and my Friends do as we where young without any suggestions, I don´t want realy know, what happend today.
    And I also think forbidden things, irritate our kids even more.

7. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

So you think only unknown people should play roles in action movies?

No more Bruce Willis in "Die Harder"?

That is complete nonsense. People realize that what I do is dangerous and crazy. That is why they watch it. Nobody would want to watch a video where someone shoots up rockets they way you are supposed to do it.

8. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Those last shots demonstrate what I was talking about defective trajetories before. Seems that early shots caused the rockets to point down and than started the gun powder acceleration. A "turbo" mortar! Dangerous.... But interesting.
    I like the entertainement of the video..... But it was well said! NEVER DO THIS AT HOME.
    Btw, I've just received two calls from my jobs.... Apparently we already have 3 patients needing reconstructive surgery in hands.... Fireworks!
    Be careful, my friends!

9. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Those last shots demonstrate what I was talking about defective trajetories before. Seems that early shots caused the rockets to point down and than started the gun powder acceleration. A "turbo" mortar! Dangerous.... But interesting.
    I like the entertainement of the video..... But it was well said! NEVER DO THIS AT HOME.
    Btw, I've just received two calls from my jobs.... Apparently we already have 3 patients needing reconstructive surgery in hands.... Fireworks!
    Be careful, my friends!

10. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Action Movies are made with spezial Effects, but you show how its Possible to penetrate Car doors, kill Guys, or how to burn his Familie, Neighbors or Houses, in Real...
    I don´t think that Bruce Willis show how everybody can build the Weapon that he use in the Film or sell them.
    All the things that you have done some time ago, I really like! But what you show at the Moment I don´t find funny...
    You say don´t do this at Home!!! But your whole Familie shoot the Launcher...^^
    And at one shoot the Rocket explodes also into the Launcher...
    All professional Stuntmans and Spezial Effects or?

11. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Well, nobody forces you to watch my videos.

BTW I don't sell that launcher, and there is no tutorial for it either.

The rocket also did not "explode" in the launcher. It just ignited while still in the barrel, just like it would when launched from the conventional "bottle launcher", so it started normally and exploded in the air, like it should.

If you don't like my work, why exactly are you here? Maybe it is time for you to move on to one of the forums where people like you gather. There is no shortage of such forums exactly. I am happy to provide the links. Thanks and bye bye.

12. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

That looked like great fun, and it worked too! They got a lot higher than they would have normally, proved in the nighttime vid. Love it that all your family/friends had a go too, funny and entertaining!

As far as being a role model, people have to take responsibility for their own actions and not blame them on things they have seen online. Stupid people will always do stupid things, the rest of us shouldn't suffer because of that ;)

The vids gave me a good laugh while I was dealing with my New Years hangover! Good stuff! :)

13. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

We did this intentionally, I confess. You have to wait just for right length of time, so the "nose" of the rocket is already facing downwards again, but the thing should still be high up in the air.

Most serious accidents with fireworks here in Germany happen with illegal firecrackers, often homemade stuff or imported contraband from Poland. Certified class 2 fireworks, you can hold it in your hand while it explodes and nothing happens. 120 db is max for the bang, so even your ears are pretty safe.

The stuff from Poland, different issue.

14. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

My thoughts exactly. What a boring world it would be if everybody would be oh so correct and careful.

Truth be told. nobody EVER blamed me for an accident or such. It only happens in the tainted imaginations of the self proclaimed "good people" that like to shower others with their uncalled for sermons.

15. Schultz

Schultz New Member

I´am here because I like the things that you have create and expasly the Guys that stay here but that don´t mean that I have to agree with all what happens or?
    And when I see the danger that committed offenses by such things, I think it's just attached to say something.

16. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Joerg, if you were in the USA, you'd probably be a Redneck. That looked like good old-fashioned Redneck fun! A happy New Year to you and yours!

-Wild Bill

17. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

No, but boy it'd sure be nice to see you agreeing with SOMETHING that happens here, for a change.

You going through a depression or something?

18. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

I couldn't agree more

19. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Not really, I have really enjoyed all the Slingshots for the Trade, there you get also a liked for your Sling and I have also liked and comment Flicks Sling and Tyssons Knife but I also follow not all Threads at the Moment.
    I have get a contrac for the Zombieduck Company where I start on Monday, then I had 2 Weeks freetime that I have really enjoyed with my Girlfriend and my Familie, so all ok. The only thing which prepares me headache are that Killer Videos and that I see that now our Gangster Rapper also use Slingshots. -->

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuFzlYquFuo[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  20. Cadman

Cadman New Member

Joerg, I had an artillery officer that must have been trained by you! :D
    The safest place to be was where he was aiming, because he hit everything else.

Great videos and device, once again!
    Happy New Year to Joerg's Family and the Forum,
    Brian

Hey SCHULTZ! Lighten up!