Rubber combo

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by 4foruglenncoco, Nov 7, 2013.

1. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

Do u think having a bandset with theraband black and gold on each side would work and add more power? New idea I've benn thinking about.

2. Ryan Wigglesworth

Ryan Wigglesworth Senior Member

i think it may work opposite of better.

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

don't know but id think not so much. Maybe try it and report your findings, id be interested to know.

4. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

This is crazy!!! I just came here to start a thread about one layer TBBlue between two TBBlack and the first thread i see is this one. Great!!! I got to read what you guys think about it. Would it increase the bands life, power, speed, etc,...

5. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

I tried 2 black/1 blue each side and i do notice more power and speed but i think it will be better with 3 black each side.
    The bands are cut 2cm/30cm.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

I think only the faster stronger band will add momentum.. and the slower color will just be dead weight slowing it down.

7. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Don't different strength bands have different draw lengths to work at their optimum when cut at the same length? One or other of the bands wouldn't be working effectively would they?

8. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

I agree with vwscooby. I'd predict that the thinner layer will just wear out first because it gets more times extension.

Keep us posted, so we can compare practice to theory.

9. LW

LW New Member

That’s true, but only according to the waight of the amo you use. With heavy steal or lead, stronger (double) bands, can make sense, but shooting target or 10 mm steal, there are no significant increases in speed. (There is a Gamekeeper video out which prove all this well with a chrony measurements)

I personal have a problem with all the band calculators out there, because most of them refer to the maximum value that can be reached. Ok, on Joergs calculator you can change from band live to max performance, that’s nice. And for most of the newbie’s out there it is very helpful not to waste money on Theraband.

But I am sure in the end most of us find different band dimensions according to their shootings, techniques, and what they actually want to achieve with their shootings.

So 4foruglenncoco and tokSick, what was your intension to do this? Please don’t get me wrong, I am not against new things and innovations. And I am also curious about your experiences

What do you hope to achieve?

10. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

The thinner rubber has "inherent" faster retraction response, the retraction response will be mostly driven by the thicker (slower) band, so I think it will not add much more speed, as tokSick said is better replacing the thicker band with "equivalent" force thinner ones ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  11. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

Thanks for all the replies and the info I just want to try new things and see the outcome I have a ton of gold but I need to get some black

12. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

What I was thinking is that it would be an easier pull because of 1 thin layer and 1 thick layer and the thick layer would accelerate the ammo faster, just a to let u guys know I'm only 13 :)

13. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

I can' t notice something "special " using two different rubbers. :)