Rocks in Patagonia are not good for shooting

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by ffoowwlleerr, Dec 30, 2016.

1. ffoowwlleerr

ffoowwlleerr Makery and Mischief

For those of you that have been watching me on History's Alone you finally see me shooting the slingshot. I didn't practice a lot with the rocks before I left. Some people here gave me some good pointers on using rocks that helped. But the Patagonian rocks themselves where a pain in the neck. Despite being beside a lake the rocks we're all squared and jagged. Actually I was lucky I found the Square one the majority were flattish shard shaped rocks. Anybody here shoot with the rocks on a regular basis?

Also Happy New Year !!!! This is of topic not my usual. no slingshot in this video but hear it is anyway. I made my daughter a wand from a piece of driftwood I found in Patagonia while on the alone show. Then I gave it to her for Christmas and set up a special surprise so when she used it she thought she was able to do real magic.

Video Link>>https://youtu.be/gJsmUe-ynqU

Attached Files:

2. Knallfrosch

Knallfrosch Senior Member

Nice video =)

But when i was that age and i would have accidentally
    blown up my favorite plush cat i would have burst into tears. :D

3. ffoowwlleerr

I was prepared for that should tears and not surprise been her reaction. When see says return and it reappears at the end that is a back up plushy i bought.

4. ffoowwlleerr

5. Acorn_Man

Acorn_Man Member

I've got the same problem here in Colorado. Everything is just fragmented granite. I saw this video that really helped me out.
    https://youtu.be/SePhpx44vmo
    To summarize, just use a big pouch and big ammo, don't draw back too far, and twist the pouch. It really adds to the accuracy. You don't get the crazy curve ball spins so much. So good luck!
    Also, cool video!

6. ffoowwlleerr

Nice pfshooter is the man. Id love to have the chance to spend a day shooting with him!!