Rifled Slingshot: Vote for the best idea!

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by JoergS, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Using brightly painted ammo with marks

20 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Using four X-shaped bands

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Twisting the bands in addition to the rotation

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

OK, I can't decide what is the best practical idea to further enhance my sewage twister prototype. I will test every one of these three suggestions, but only one of them can win the Rambone... so please vote!

The ideas are all presented in this thread:

https://www.theslingshotforum.com/f1...ot-ideas-thread-31742/index18.html#post247525

Number 1 is Nyam Nyam's idea to use a brightly painted and marked ball that can be seen rotation in flight in the slomo. Post #13.

Number 2 is Nerd herd's idea to use four bands instead of two, arranged in an "X"-shape, so the tube is more evenly stressed. Post #21

Number 3 is Mr. Piejean's simple, but brilliant idea to ADDITIONALLY twist the bands for more rotation. Post #26.

Which one is the coolest idea? Deadline is Christmas eve, midnight, GMT+1 (Berlin, Paris time).

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I have to go with the painted ammo and slomo camera. While the other 2 are good ideas, the first allows us to actually see what's happening. And that, is why I think it is the most 'cool' of the ideas.

On one more side-note Joerg, have you considered looking into finding a way to try a 'hop-up' device in a barrel to put a back-spin on the ammo like they do in some airsoft guns? It should be fairly simple to employ, and it can be adjustable to try for different spin rates. I notice a difference shooting two very similar airsoft guns, one with and one without a hop-up. The back-spin helps create additional lift for the light-weight ammo and it's a difference you can see. I don't know how effective it would be on a heavy load like steel, but I just found myself thinking back to this challenge just recently and was wondering. Perhaps in a future test it might be something to look at.

3. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

the slomo and paint would be my choice also.
    Maybe combine it with the other idea about marks like a billiard training ball. If the spots are all differently colored, the spin can be analyzed in all three axes.

I'm stoked we get to see all three of these worthy ideas.:)

4. NyamNyam

NyamNyam Member

Hi,

thanks to everyone who voted for my idea. =)

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Yes! Congrats. PM me your address so I can send you the prize. Will take a few days, as Germany is closed down for the holidays right now.

6. NyamNyam

NyamNyam Member

Hi,

finally I got the slingshot after some delivery issues. Turned out signing it wasn't a good idea. The ink didn't stay on the slingshot - now there are only some black spots left.
    Anyway, it's still a great late christmas gift to me!

Thanks Jörg.

[​IMG]

Looks like a camouflage pattern somehow.

7. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

O wow, I think I grabbed the wrong slingshot... this one was in fact a test sample from the moulding company, they tried a camo look! Sorry for that.

Let me know if you want an exchange. Seems that the shipping issues are solved now. Mind you there are only four or five of these ever made, might get some collector's value some day...

8. NyamNyam

NyamNyam Member

I see.

If that's the case I'm going to keep this unique slingshot =).