Redwood plywood

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by codido187, Dec 26, 2013.

1. codido187

codido187 New Member

What does anybody think of this stuff any good. Home Depot or lowes doesn't carry multiplex or birch where I am from and neither do other lumber stores any suggestions??

2. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

At either you can get a 2'x2' sheet of Luanne ply for $15 or so. It has some voids' but I would rate it at acceptable to descent.

3. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Are you sure they don't? The Lowe's where I live doesn't but home depot does. Ask where they have the peg-board it's usually around there.
    Amazon and many other sites have baltic birch ply at really good prices, except as the wise dolomite once told me, "prepare to be completely raped on shipping"
    The best link for Amazon is...
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n:228013,p_4:Woodcraft+Woodshop&ie=UTF8&qid=1388106464
    Also, and I'm not positive that this is exactly "cost effective," but most kitchen cabinetry is made of nice birch ply.
    Anyway hope this helps

4. codido187

codido187 New Member

Yeah I even called them and they said they don't carry it thank you guys for the advice I do appreciate it

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I have heard that simpleshot.com is now selling top quality plywood. It is difficult to source in California as well, so this may be a good option for you. Otherwise, find a good lumber yard nearby and see if they either carry in stock, or can order what you are after

6. codido187

codido187 New Member

Thank you for the advice and I thin I'm going to go to all the lumber yards by me and see what they have

7. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

Try Michaels Crafts too. Cheers!

8. codido187

codido187 New Member

I didn't think of that or maybe hobby lobby you guys are great